Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Hello Berks!! and Neighbors

Northern Berks checking in, I'm about 10 miles west of the Cabelas off I-78, don't belong to any clubs right yet.

Do most shooting with some Schuykill County boys up in some old Coal Strippings....I'm sure Coal Cracker will know what I'm talking about.

(Berks County)

Default Another Berksonian...

....checking in.

Fairly quiet here, but that's not so unknown for Berks. Having been born and raised(mostly on the latter) in Berks, it comes as no surprise as to the lack of traffic here. It seems that modern tech phobia of many in Berks, combined with a near xenophobic nature makes for a less that hectic forum. Too bad, perhaps that'll change with time.

7.62xIan,
    You're not that far off from me, as we're just a bit farther south & west from you, being about 2 1/2 miles due west from Bernville. I'm a member of the Hamburg Rifle & Pistol, about 15 minutes from home.

Shoot Safe, Shoot Well!

(Berks County)

Default Hello from Eastern Berks

Hello all, ChamberedRound here checking from Eastern Berks. Live a few miles from Pottstown. Recently moved into the area from NJ.

Berks isn't exactly a technological hotbed, so I agree that it's no surprise there's not many posters. Hopefully, we can work to change that.

Looking forward to all the posts and good information coming out of this board.

(Berks County)

I too am an escapee from NJ, been here almost 6 years now and love the freedom.

Have you gotten your CCW yet?

(Berks County)

fellow gunner from berks....just wondering how had to get a signature for a 14 inch barrel for my rem 870

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 762xIan
    I too am an escapee from NJ, been here almost 6 years now and love the freedom.

Have you gotten your CCW yet?
    Yessir. Was here 7 months when I applied for it, and received it in 2 weeks.

(Berks County)

I think I can drag another buddy into the forum. HE is also a local gun nut. BTW, I live in Reading (regrettfully). MYT buddy esscaped the area and lives in BErnville now.
    Yeah I'm bitching!

(Berks County)

Default Hello All

Living on the wild edges of Reading City Limits. Spit out the back door into Shillington. I do most of my shooting at the Mohnton Fish & Game. Pistol (50yds), Rifle (100yds), Trap and some archery targets with a wooded course. I'm moving into some long distance shooting, starting out with 223 at about 300 yds so I'm looking for some facilities. I've begun to look at the University Rifle Club (300 yds) as its close but I've found a range towards Quakertown that's out to 500 yds. I'm looking to find some less formal places where you can place cans, plastic jugs, etc. If anyone knows of anything available I'd appreciate a heads up.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by brichard View Post
    Living on the wild edges of Reading City Limits. Spit out the back door into Shillington. I do most of my shooting at the Mohnton Fish & Game. Pistol (50yds), Rifle (100yds), Trap and some archery targets with a wooded course. I'm moving into some long distance shooting, starting out with 223 at about 300 yds so I'm looking for some facilities. I've begun to look at the University Rifle Club (300 yds) as its close but I've found a range towards Quakertown that's out to 500 yds. I'm looking to find some less formal places where you can place cans, plastic jugs, etc. If anyone knows of anything available I'd appreciate a heads up.
    We must live next door. I'm in Millmont. Never been to Mohnton, I'm a member over at Fleetwood (I work out there). They have a 25 yard pistol, 50 and 100 yard rifle, and trap. Nice place, always quiet unless trap meets are going on. Only problem is paper targets only.

(Berks County)

Default Yep, your right down the street, so to speak

Quote Originally Posted by TrybalRage View Post
    We must live next door. I'm in Millmont. Never been to Mohnton, I'm a member over at Fleetwood (I work out there). They have a 25 yard pistol, 50 and 100 yard rifle, and trap. Nice place, always quiet unless trap meets are going on. Only problem is paper targets only.
    Mohnton's pretty reasonable and the facilities are not bad. Rarely a crowd at the ranges. Berk's County Pistol shoots up there. Same problem, paper only.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast