Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Rossi Single Shot Review

2nd Post...

I recently also bought a Bull Barrel Rossi Single Shot 223. This rifle was bought from Trop Gun Shop for $230 and was fitted with a Catseye cheapo scope.

First impressions: HEAVY. And Heavy trigger pull.

Shooting- Only was able to put 2 different types of ammo down range due to a purchasing error on my part (223 not a 222, Notice in pictures). Best groups were not too good. Keeping in mind that this is a sub $300 Gun, its not too bad, but I would like to try more ammo. Also found out last night, it is a LOUD fox hunting gun :-). All groups were 100 yards off rest.

(Somerset County)

Default Re: Rossi Single Shot Review

A couple of years ago, we got a Rossi Matched Pair (20 gauge and 223) for my son. With a 3-9 Weaver scope, and handloads, his will put 3 shots in 3/4" at 100.

I didn't do a lot of load development. It's a tough gun for me to shoot as it was a youth model with a short stock. I found the 3/4" load in the first test run and stuck with it.

It's served him well as a groundhog/plinking/small game gun but he's just about outgrown the stock now. I'm not sure if I'll sell it, add on to the stock, or save it for my grandkids. Either way, he needs a new groundhog gun so now I have an excuse to buy a new rifle.

Anyhow, my point is that they will shoot, you may have to work at it a bit but they can be pretty decent working guns.

Dale

(Jefferson County)

For cheap crappola ammo that you used, thats not bad at all.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Monroe County)

When my son were 5 i bought the Rossi matched pair for him , that thing is scary accurate even with the iron sight,

BTw not bag accuracy for cheap ammo.

Nyman

(Lancaster County)

I couldnt really swing $60 that day to try 3 good types of ammo, so I figured a cheap gun, cheap ammo try... But As soon as I get out with better ammo I'll put up the pictures!

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hempfieldhunter View Post
    I couldnt really swing $60 that day to try 3 good types of ammo, so I figured a cheap gun, cheap ammo try... But As soon as I get out with better ammo I'll put up the pictures!
    No need to do that for us.. Those of us that know what cheap Rossi and NEF/H&R gun can do dont need proof, and the snobs will say you faked the pics. lol
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!