Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default FJR's precision rifle build

It all started with a donor Rem 700 LA in 7mm Rem Mag.

I stripped it down to just the action. Had my gunsmith open up the scope base holes to 8-40. Picked up some parts that will be directly bolted onto the action as well.

Badger Ordnance Knob
    Badger Ordnance Recoil Lug
    Seekins Precision 20 MOA Base #8-40

I then decided I should get a barrel too before shipping it out to Short Action Customs to ahve everything trued etc etc.

Thanks to GA Precision for having this barrel in stock! Took less than 1 week to get to me after placing my order.
    Bartlein M24/M40 contour 30 caliber 1:11.25 twist 5R SS Tightbore Barrel
    EDIT: I traded this barrel for a 1:10 twist. All other factors the same.

The UPS man was also so kind to drop off my PTG bolt the same day!

PTG 1-piece oversize .700 bolt .308 bolt face, M16 style extractor, fluted SS firing pin and SS shroud assembly

Once I got all these parts they were all shipped out to Short Action Customs.
    -Enhanced Action Truing
    -Side bolt release modification
    -Pin Recoil Lug
    -Chamber barrel to 30-06; Cut and crown barrel to 24"; Thread muzzle for AAC 18T muzzle brake
    -Bed scope base to action
    -Cerakote everything in OD green

I currently have my McMillan A5 stock on order. Still have about 2.5 months left according to their time quote when I placed my order.
    EDIT: Received my A5 stock back in October. 55% OD, 20% Black, 30% tan

Picked up:
    Install pillars and bed stock service for action
    Timney Trigger 510
    Surgeon DBM
    Seekins Precision Rings 34mm high
    USO SN3 5-25x56 Tpal

More Pictures to come once the barrel action is all finished and I have the stock in hand!
    Last edited by FJR86; March 23rd, 2012 at 11:38 PM.

Default Re: FJR's precision rifle build

Looks like a quality build to me...are you going to have someone refinish the bolt, so it's not so blingy?

I never like having to play the waiting game for parts and service to be completed on my firearms. That's probably why I went with Savage, so I could do the work myself.

I'm sure your rig is going to be a hammer once it's all said and done.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: FJR's precision rifle build

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    Looks like a quality build to me...are you going to have someone refinish the bolt, so it's not so blingy?

I never like having to play the waiting game for parts and service to be completed on my firearms. That's probably why I went with Savage, so I could do the work myself.

I'm sure your rig is going to be a hammer once it's all said and done.
    Thanks!

I've been wanting to build a precision rig for many years now and finally have some disposable income to have it done. So the < 6 month wait for services will be more than satisfying when everything is finished. But I am getting a little antsy and just keep buying parts for this thing and I can't help it.

But the entire barreled action will be Cerakoted in OD with the exception of the cocking piece and bolt knob which will remain/be painted black. I will probably take some Birchwood Casey and color in the flutes black to give it a bit more depth. I am not a fan of bright "bling".

I also received my AAC 18 Brake, so that gets sent out tomorow to Mark at SAC to get mounted when its done!

And the payment for a used Surgeon DBM, from Snipershide, gets sent out tomorow.
    Last edited by FJR86; August 22nd, 2011 at 04:54 PM.