Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default Finding suspected drunk driver

My driveway and my neighbor's driveway are at the top of a hill. Last night some guy crested the hill, swerved to the right (where our driveways are) and skidded across my driveway, slamming into a tree in my yard and spinning out tearing up the grass quite bad. He lost a tire and headlight. By the time I grabbed the phone to call 911 he was gone. I got a decent description of the vehicle but no plate number.

Last night and this morning, I took lots of pictures. The police took the intact grill, which ended up in my yard, as evidence. They said they might be able to call body shops and find him but my guess is their diligence may not be as due as I would like.

So how can I find this guy? I suppose he's off the hook for being drunk (as he hid until sober,) but he is still liable for the damages to my property. Is it legal for me to call body shops and ask, or should I take a day to drive around and see if I can find his truck?

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Finding suspected drunk driver

Is it legal for me to call body shops and ask, or should I take a day to drive around and see if I can find his truck?
    I would do both. I would however use *67. As far as I know is there no law against asking about stuff like this.
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent

(Mifflin County)

Kind of annoying how people don't take responsibility for their actions any more isn't it? Make sure you call your insurance agent for your home owner's policy. Hope you/they can catch him. I hate those jerks who trash people's property.

(Northampton County)

Just my opinion, with no real basis, but I doubt the cops are going to try to track this guy down with body shops. Or do anything else. My guess is they took the grill in case there was an accident later or just to make you feel good.

(Luzerne County)

Just my opinion, with no real basis, but I doubt the cops are going to try to track this guy down with body shops.
    Kind of my feeling. However, I do feel that if I can track down this vehicle I can get them to react. As far as responsibility, if the guy would have come by the house today and offered to clean up the mess, something I did when I wrecked my car at 16, everything would have been cool.

I'll get on the trail of this guy ASAP.

(York County)

It might help to post a vehicle description. Maybe someone will see a vehicle meeting that description driving with no grill and spare tire on it and be able to help.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: My Tango Sucka

(Berks County)

Most people are afraid of getting s DUI thats why they run. A MAN however would show up an clean his mess up the next day, apoligize to the homeowner and learn a good lesson. Sorry this did not happen for you.

(Luzerne County)

post a vehicle description
    Conyngham Valley, near Hazleton.

Ford Expedition, dark green or dark blue in color. 'Cow Catcher, brush bar, push bar', on the front. One corner, probably passenger side, hammered in quite well, headlight and turnsignal pieces scattered under my tree. It will be wearing a spare on that side. Possible air bag deployment. Driver's seat smells like urine and is covered in feces (speculation).