Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Violent World and Concealed Carry

I thought I'd send out a post to say hello to everyone. I am relatively young (late 20's), but I cannot understand the world today. It seems we hear about "yet another shooting spree" on a monthly basis now. When somebody becomes disgruntled, they no longer choose suicide, they make sure to take as many innocent people with them as they can. College, restaurants, military bases, no where is safe. Today's killers have no code, and think nothing of killing innocent and unarmed women and children. Knowing this scares the heck out of me, now that I am both a father and a husband. This is the reason I have decided to conceal carry, and practice/practice/practice. I intend to use this forum as a tool to increase my knowledge and understanding of PA laws, as well as hear the thoughts of other responsible PA firearm owners. What are your thoughts on these mass killing sprees that seem to occur non-stop these days?

(Wyoming County)

Default Re: Violent World and Concealed Carry

First thought is - "Gun Free Zones" need to be done away with, criminals dont read the signs and don't disarm before entering to rob or kill.

(Luzerne County)

Welcome to the forum. I don't know that things any better or worse then they were years ago. I think that with the advent of the Internet and the 24 hour news channels that it is easier to learn about the craziness that is out there.

In my area there was a nut that went around killed a bunch of people. Yet when his name was mentioned on this forum earlier in the year no one had heard of him. This happened in the early 80's.

There has always been nuts in the world.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I don't know that things any better or worse then they were years ago. I think that with the advent of the Internet and the 24 hour news channels that it is easier to learn about the craziness that is out there.

In my area there was a nut that went around killed a bunch of people. Yet when his name was mentioned on this forum earlier in the year no one had heard of him. This happened in the early 80's.

There has always been nuts in the world.
    That's a good point. We are much more aware of everything that happens today due to the media. But I can't help but wonder if criminals have always been so cold blooded. Beating elderly people, sniping innocent vicitims from the trunk of their car....this stuff is unbelievable.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Last Resort View Post
    That's a good point. We are much more aware of everything that happens today due to the media. But I can't help but wonder if criminals have always been so cold blooded. Beating elderly people, sniping innocent vicitims from the trunk of their car....this stuff is unbelievable.
    It makes you wonder if the media also helps to drive these nuts.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Evil has always been present in this world. We just hear about it more now, because the media is desperate for our attention and this is how they get it.

I'd much rather read/hear about how one of these guys was mowed down as soon as people around him heard the first shot.
    The real answer is 42.

(Allegheny County)

welcome to the forum

I see you are in Pittsburgh

your gonna want to:
    come out to a group shoot. 2nd Sunday every month at PMSC. $5 for non club members. Look in the "shoots and range trips" section for the next thread soon.

Look here http://www.fireinstitute.org/ if you are serious about defending yourself and your loved ones, and know that the world can be a dangerous place it is more than reasonable to get some quality training if you havent already.

the other week I heard gun shots echo up over the hill from Hazelwood (I live in Squirrel Hill) during the time my son should be walking home from school.

it is what it is out there

the responsible thing to do is to prepare for it within reason, and try to make the world a better place.

To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right. -Confucius

(York County)

a disproportionately high percentage of these shootings involve immigrants.

(Somerset County)

Evil has always been in the world but with advent of 24 hour news and internet it is heard of a lot more . Someone in Ohio hears of a mass murder in Utah and the competition begins . All so there is definately less respect in the world today .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    It makes you wonder if the media also helps to drive these nuts.
    I think you're right. I remember back in the 1970's when a nutcase walked into the police station in a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio, carrying a bomb that went off went the dispatcher hit the transmit key on the police radio. There was a wave of bombings all across the country right after that. (They didn't find much left of the guy. He was literally holding the bomb when it went off.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast