Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Thumbs down Ikea in Conshohocken not OC friendly

Was at the Conshohocken Ikea today ocing. Went well for about 1 1/2 hours. Had lunch there as workers were and passed many customers. Seemed like an OC friendly location as no one had confronted me. As i was looking around at stools a manager came over and asked if i was carrying a weapon. she asked me to leave, at which point i began to pack up some of the papers i was reading. I asked if there was a corporate policy that she could point me towards which forbids weapons on premises. She said that she did not know of one but that it was against the rule. Got into a quick discussion and she said that several other OCers had been asked to leave as well, including off duty police officers. Planning on contacting store manager as well as corporate to find out policy regarding weapons when I have a chance.

400 Alan Wood Rd
    Conshohocken, PA 19428

Default Re: Ikea in Conshohocken not OC friendly

Quote Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
    Was at the Conshohocken Ikea today ocing. Went well for about 1 1/2 hours. Had lunch there as workers were and passed many customers. Seemed like an OC friendly location as no one had confronted me. As i was looking around at stools a manager came over and asked if i was carrying a weapon. she asked me to leave, at which point i began to pack up some of the papers i was reading. I asked if there was a corporate policy that she could point me towards which forbids weapons on premises. She said that she did not know of one but that it was against the rule. Got into a quick discussion and she said that several other OCers had been asked to leave as well, including off duty police officers. Planning on contacting store manager as well as corporate to find out policy regarding weapons when I have a chance.

400 Alan Wood Rd
    Conshohocken, PA 19428
    That part (my bold) sounds kinda fishy right there. First of all, I don't think too many, if any, off duty LEOs OC, and if they did, once badge & ID are presented, I don't think management is gonna ask them to leave.

Good for you about pursuing this

theres a thread over at Ddefensive carry Ikea is extremely antigun

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
    theres a thread over at Ddefensive carry Ikea is extremely antigun
    they are also extremely anti furniture that stays put together.

(Allegheny County)

I had no issues in Ikea open carrying in Robinson

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    they are also extremely anti furniture that stays put together.
    Yes they are.

(Montgomery County)

Could have saved time, The corporate office is next door to them. It's the building on the left furthest from the road.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by c3prret View Post
    Could have saved time, The corporate office is next door to them. It's the building on the left furthest from the road.
    In Conshohocken? I might have to swing by there as im out that way frequently.

(Bucks County)

i'm 100% for the 2nd amendment, i own alll kinds of guns, have a LTCF and support open carry but a private business has every right to ask you to leave regartdless if that policy is in writing or not. conshohoken is a bastion of liberalism just like filhtydelphia so why would it surprise anyone that a place like ikea would ask you to leave if your OC'ing. you have every right to OC and the store has every right to ask you to leave.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    i'm 100% for the 2nd amendment, i own alll kinds of guns, have a LTCF and support open carry but a private business has every right to ask you to leave regartdless if that policy is in writing or not. conshohoken is a bastion of liberalism just like filhtydelphia so why would it surprise anyone that a place like ikea would ask you to leave if your OC'ing. you have every right to OC and the store has every right to ask you to leave.
    Not if they are franchised or corporate and the policy says they must allow it. If no policy yet or a private location or policy exists saying to throw out OCers, then your statement holds. Seemingly unimportant but not inconsequential distinction(s).

I thought they would require you to breakdown your weapon for OC and ask you to put it together only if they are being robbed or something.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast