Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Work from home online? - looking for work

So, I'm over seas and can't find a job. Are there any REAL online work at home jobs I could check out?

Thanks for any suggestions

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Work from home online? - looking for work

not many, most are BS or scams. There are some valid customer service from home type jobs but those "earn 50.00 an hour" are normally bullshit unless its high level skills
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

I worked from home for about a year and a half doing helpdesk work for a consulting firm. It was fun, best job ever.

But yeah, most "work from home" jobs are scams. there's one legit company that I can't recall the name of right now, but with a $10,000 buy in, you'd better be VERY motivated.

You could do marketing research and surveys from companies like 20/20 Research. I've gotten paid a decent amount, but you have to qualify for them. Not exactly work, but income if you aren't doing anything else.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    not many, most are BS or scams. There are some valid customer service from home type jobs but those "earn 50.00 an hour" are normally bullshit unless its high level skills
    Yeah, I know most are scams. Google searches are pretty much worthless for a topic like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BTA88 View Post
    I worked from home for about a year and a half doing helpdesk work for a consulting firm. It was fun, best job ever.

But yeah, most "work from home" jobs are scams. there's one legit company that I can't recall the name of right now, but with a $10,000 buy in, you'd better be VERY motivated.
    Cool. I could do a help desk type job. That's actually what I'm looking for. Do you know of any I might check out?

Quote Originally Posted by ProTool View Post
    You could do marketing research and surveys from companies like 20/20 Research. I've gotten paid a decent amount, but you have to qualify for them. Not exactly work, but income if you aren't doing anything else.
    Great idea. I wouldn't mind this at all. I'll check out 20/20 research. Are there any others I could look into?

Seriously, thanks for all of the ideas and help!

(Allegheny County)

"Work from home" is a scam. The term legitimate jobs will use is generally "telecommuting".

Also, it would help to know what kind of skills you have. Technical computer jobs tend to be more open to telecommuting, since you can sit in front of a computer and write code just as well at home as you can at the office. You could also do some sort of freelancing work.
    "There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."

(Susquehanna County)

I graduated from East Stroudsburg University with a BS in Business Management and a concentration in Marketing. I've been into computers for a long time and currently own a web hosting biz which doesn't make much but does indirectly allow me to make money through web sites. Not enough to live on though by any means.

I've had quite a few computer related jobs that would qualify me for a help desk type job. Microsoft should pay me rather than paying someone in India :P

I had an internship and designed, implemented, and analyzed a pretty large survey.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by eXceLon View Post
    "Work from home" is a scam. The term legitimate jobs will use is generally "telecommuting".

Also, it would help to know what kind of skills you have. Technical computer jobs tend to be more open to telecommuting, since you can sit in front of a computer and write code just as well at home as you can at the office. You could also do some sort of freelancing work.
    Thanks for that term. Seriously