Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Handgunner

Muhlenberg Township, just outside of Reading, Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Thumbs up The Handgunner

Hey Guys,

I am new to this fourm and been lerking around and thought I would Drop a Good bit of info. I have been going there for 10 or 12 years and have had nothing but Great work and fair prices! If you need a top notch gunsmith this is the place to go!

The Handgunner Gun Shop
    (610) 682-6714
    17 W Weis St
    Topton, PA 19562

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...opton&state=PA

Default Re: The Handgunner

I had several mods done to my SP101 at their shop and was very pleased with their work. This was 10 years ago, at least. I have never heard a bad thing about them yet.

+1

I had Randy thread my barrel for my Marlin 880SQ. They quoted me 4 weeks and it was completed in 2 weeks. The price cost more than their original quote, but it was worth it to have it back in half of the time I was expecting.

(Berks County)

I have had forcing cones cut on both my .44 black hawk and my .454 causul....
    trigger jobs on my a few of my guns night sights on my G13 looking to get a few things done to my new kimber I am very happy with all the work he has done for me and my uncle has has a few guns worked on Randy is always fair priced with fast turn overs. worth the drive i live 45 min from his shop......

(Berks County)

Hey abpt1,

Yeah Randy did great work on my firearms too. Also most of the guns that I own came from their shop.

rand

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rand View Post
    Hey abpt1,

Yeah Randy did great work on my firearms too. Also most of the guns that I own came from their shop.

rand

most of my handguns came from there also!!! like my new kimber I got used for 795.00 I dont think it seen more that 50 rds! so its new to me

(Lehigh County)

Ditto on Randy Hollowbush's work and working with me on a few new purchases. He was able to revive an old timer I had that three other "gunsmiths" (sic) gave up on and cleaned up the trigger on my Hi-Power.
    Veritas Vos Liberat

(Lackawanna County)

I took a mauser there to get a scope installed. I live far away but heard good thigns about him. I take it down there, leave it for what he said would be about a week and a half, ends up taking him almost 2 months.

I go pick it up on saturday and he tells me he couldnt' zero the scope i gave him. He said the barrel was bent. All frusterated, i go home cursing at my POS mauser. It take the rings off and look at the holes he drilled for the rings and realized they weren't even straight. The front two were off to the right side.

Took it to another gunsmith and he laughed at how off center the holes were.

The handgunner proved to be a waste of money and he screwed up my gun. It wasn't even worth my time to drive back down there, being i live almost 2 hours from the place.

(Berks County)

You should have taken that up with him.... I am sure he would have made it right...He hired two new guys since he got so busy.... I am sure he would have done some thing like to make it right.

In fact I think he just fired one of them .......He has Mounted 8 or 9 scopes for me and has cut forcing cones done trigger jobs even ported two guns mounted sights ect. for me ....I hve got Nothing but top notch service....

So you should have told him or taken it back I drive from reading to wysox a lot its not so bad ... You the first guy in the 10 + years of going there I heard bitch so who knows?

IMO I dont care I shoot a lot and I have gone to almost every gun smith in NE PA I would never go any where else I dont care what anyone says......I trust him .
    Last edited by abpt1; August 26th, 2007 at 06:32 PM. Reason: added

(Berks County)

Everyone has there own opinion
    Last edited by abpt1; August 27th, 2007 at 08:09 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast