Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Handgunner

(Northampton County)

Default Re: The Handgunner

Randy has done work on some of my older H&Rs, including building up and rethreading the cross bolt on a double side lock SxS shotgun - you couldn't tell it had been worked on - he only charged 60 bucks!
    While I was working at Eagle Arms - I must have sent over 100 people to his shop with various guns and problems - never had anyone complain - and actually had several thank yous for sending them there. It is very difficult to find anyone who is as conscientious as he is.

IMG_2226.jpg
    Jim Hauff H&R Collector In memory of my friends Bill Goforth and Jim Ritchie.

(Lancaster County)

Smile Re: The Handgunner

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Mark ,just ignore the A O's , i'm sure the owner doesnt feel the way they do about your non-Colt 1911, dont penalize a good guy that you know for a couple of decades because of a few ao 'customers.
    A couple weeks ago I bought one of those $300.00 Zestava EZ9 9mm's from Bud's and had it shipped in there for transfer. When I went in to pick it up, one of the guys in there said "Oh yeah, that funny looking gun that came in". Granted, the EZ doesn't look like a 1911A1 but funny looking?

Know what though? So what. He wants to call my pistol funny lookin', go right ahead. I like it. A lot. That's all that counts, right? Besides, the couple times I've been in there now everyone has been really nice. I wish I lived closer, I'd go in there and give him my money all the time. Buy some guns that aren't funny looking, right?

Last edited by johnfritz; November 23rd, 2010 at 11:14 PM.
    Johnnie F.

(Cumberland County)

Kinda looks like an FNP-9 meets P229, with a little bit of CZ thrown in there.

Defiantly not funny looking to me.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by EvoRich View Post
    Kinda looks like an FNP-9 meets P229, with a little bit of CZ thrown in there.

Defiantly not funny looking to me.
    I agree. I had to look at it twice to see that it wasn't a P229. It was the top of the grip/beavertail that looked funny to me if anything. I see no reason for the judgment. Personally I think revolvers all look funny. I have no interest in them whatsoever. That doesn't mean I'm going to poke fun at them or people who buy them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123