Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Winter of 1944 Shoot at LRGC

Quote Originally Posted by mjporreca View Post
    Cool! A reason to take out my 1917 Eddystone. A quick google search showed it was still issued to chemical mortarmen in WWII. Glad I don't have to wait for a WWI shoot.
    the m1917 was used by more various militaries than any rifle in ww2, we issued them to our troops and leased them out to a ton of customers including the russians, dutch, swedes just about all of our allies needed them and received them. so don't ever let someone say the 1917 isn't appropriate for that era.
    I needs the following... .303 ammo, scrap steel, and and cheap SKS. please LMK

(Allegheny County)

damn, I wish I were closer. I want to join but my 1984 cutlass may not make the trip.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by 556slinger View Post
    damn, I wish I were closer. I want to join but my 1984 cutlass may not make the trip.
    it would be a long drive....

(Montgomery County)

MESSAGE FROM: Commander, Supreme Headquarters, Allied Expeditionary Force (SHAEF)

MISSION: STOP THE ADVANCE OF ENEMY FORCES

RESOURCES: YOUR OWN. WHAT YOUR MEN CAN CARRY WE ESTIMATE 75 CENTERFIRE RIFLE ROUNDS MAX, 20 PISTOL ROUNDS, 30 rounds of .22LR

REQUIREMENTS: PRE-REGISTRTAION (See Below)

RESTRICTIONS: WWII ERA FIREARMS OR VISUALLY SIMILAR REPRODUCTIONS ONLY. You may NOT shoot it with an AR15. Scoped variants of WWII rifles are fine, but you will be presented with smaller targets or more challenging shots if you use one.

BERLIN,
    OMAHA BEACH,
    THE ARDENNES

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
    All within 251 Stoneyford Rd. Holland PA. (See club website for address & directions).

The LRGC practical rifle, CMP, and action pistol teams have allied forces, and are working to create a series of battlefield style course of fire challenges that pay respect to the soldiers who fought on the real ones they represent. You will be fighting at:
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

STALINGRAD - Indoors with bolt action .22LR's, work with a team to engage an enemy force of 1" plastic army men inside a constructed village occupied by enemy forces.

STOP THE TANK! - Having disabled an enemy tank with your Bazooka / Panzerfaust, your last resort is to take out the enemy tank crew with a pistol at 25Y. If you don't have a period pistol, we will have some available but you must furnish modern ammunition in either .45acp or 9mm luger. No holster is required.

OMAHA BEACH - Stun the occupants of an enemy bunker with a mock grenade, then charge the bunker with a team mate and eliminate all the enemy forces inside.

BERLIN - Head shots matter. Demoralize the enemy with superior marksmanship skills and your ability to stay cool in a stressful situation.

THE ARDENNES - It's time to stretch that rifle's legs GI! The wooded area of the LRGC 200y range is the perfect backdrop for racking up enemy casualties. This is a duel stage. Shooter vs. Shooter. You'll each fire at a long line of steel targets at 200Y in alternating order. Don't fall behind! The first one to the finish line gets the most points.

THE BULGE - A five shooter event, your object is to remain among the living after a 24 round contest where missing the enemy too many times results in your own downfall.
    Please see the regular LRGC PRACTICAL RIFLE page for the appropriate gear. Remember to dress warmly. The event is rain or shine. You don't want to have to look your grandfather in the eye and tell him you couldn't come out and shoot for a few hours while knowing that he spent three days in a freezing ditch in the forest.

Re-enactors are welcome, but remember this is a live-fire event, and there will be no occasion where the pointing of a real or mock firearm at another person is acceptable. If you are part of a WWII re-enactor group, please email us. We'd love to include you.

Registration link will be posted on 1/06/2010 at 2000hrs here -> http://www.therallypoint.org/forum/i...p?topic=6611.0

We are limited to the first 60 shooters

$40.00 for non-LRGC members
    $30.00 for members
    The fee includes a nice battle field meal.
    Questions can be sent to lastdefender@aol.com

(Montgomery County)

sounds like and it will be one hell of a fun day. I need to knock the rust off my resgristration muscles, don't want to miss this.

Mike

(Monroe County)

Any chance to get semi .22's oked?

OMAHA BEACH - then charge the bunker with a team mate and eliminate all the enemy forces inside.

How/with what?
    Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; January 1st, 2010 at 10:46 PM.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Montgomery County)

Neat! Love the competitive nature of some of those stages - should be loads of fun!

Just for clarification - for the 'Stop The Tank' stage, you only need to bring modern ammo if you will be using a loaner psitol, correct?

Great job guys!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeF View Post
    Neat! Love the competitive nature of some of those stages - should be loads of fun!

Just for clarification - for the 'Stop The Tank' stage, you only need to bring modern ammo if you will be using a loaner psitol, correct?

Great job guys!

George,

Some people do not have a period specific pistol. So we at LRGC have secured several for our attendee's to use if they don't have one of their own. If they don't own the proper period specific pistol simply bring new factory ball ammo in either .45acp or 9mm Luger and you can use one of our donated pistols.

A note about the ammo. Absolutely no RELOADS period. Please no Wolf or Blazer steel case ammo. I would stick with brass cased non-corrosive ball ammo in 230 gr for .45 and 115 or 124 gr for the 9mm.

Regards,
    Gary

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Any chance to get semi .22's oked?

We will be using club .22 bolt guns on this stage so all you need to do is bring the ammo.--Gary

How/with what?
    For us to know and you to find out! --Gary

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lastdefender View Post
    it would be a long drive....
    yes it would be lol

maybe i'll just print out some axis tagets and kill some tanks with my pellet rifle in my back yard.

who am i kidding, that would suck

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast