Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Union County)

Default FIRST 500 Mag engraved by Smith & Wesson

Before the 500 Mags were on the market I ordered this one to be engraved by Smith & Wesson's Master Engraver Wayne D'Anglo. I ordered second that was not to be engraved to be used as a hunting firearm and be consectuative serial numbered with the engraved one.

grizz
    Last edited by GRIZZLYBEAR; February 21st, 2012 at 06:01 AM. Reason: updatge photo

(Union County)

Engraved 500 continued

this is the unengraved 500

grizz
    Last edited by GRIZZLYBEAR; February 3rd, 2010 at 11:24 PM. Reason: to add text

Griz,

that is one beautiful engraving job on your 500. You are the pistol guru. I have always wanted a pistol engraved. Your example is incredible.

(Philadelphia County)

I second what Aubie said.

In some countries, people will trade their daughters for a gun like that.

Real beautiful.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Man Griz, that thing is gorgeous. That thing is huge and they did a great engraving job on it. The 2 consecutive seriel numbers is a great idea and always awesome to be able to show off. Love wheel gun, tell me how it shoots

(Allegheny County)

Grizz,

Cool beans, man that piece is beautiful.

Mike Shovel, the Corbon area rep brought one to the Glocktalk shoot we had at Greater Pitt Gun Club a couple years back.

He brought along an assortment of ammo for us to shoot.

Greater Pitt allowed us to use some of their steel target plates to plink at.

All 5 plates were set up. So I took this hand cannon, loaded her up and plinked all 5 plates at about 20 yds. We set up 5 more plates and I had at it again. One of the Fire guys said about halfway through the second set that he didn't think this would be such a good idea. Ya know, he was right. I ruined all 10 plates.
    You should have seen the difference in hitting them with a .44, a .454 and then the 500.

One of the rounds actually stuck in one of the 3/8 " thick steel plate. I kept that one and also a 1/4 '"plate that was cratered.

After seeing that I crapped up all 10 plates, I went to Tex and told him I would replace them. He didn't even flinch and said OK. Our heavy metal fab shop cut out the plates and I took them home and welded new bases on them.

The first shot, I held it with thumbs forward and promptly lost a small part of my thumbnail. That gun probably still has my blood on it.

Any of you guys make that shoot?

later,

Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(York County)

Wow! That is one hell of a nice engraving job you got there. I noticed the wood grips. Have you shot with those grips? I have a 500 with a 4 inch bbl and really appreciate the rubber grips after shooting about 10 rounds.

"For those who have fought for it, Freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."
    -Author Unknown

Life Member NRA
    Life Member VFW
    Life Member 2nd U.S. Cavalry Association
    Life Member, Order Of The Spur - Golden Spur Holder

(Union County)

Deadbolt

No I have shot the 500 that got scratched up. It's a safe queen. The standard 500 was bought for shooting. It has accounted for 1 bull elk and one cow elk so far.

The 500's are real pussy-cats to shot. I have a Freedoms Arms .454 that in opinion has more recoil than the 500.

grizz

(Blair County)

Thumbs up

Grizz, you bragger
    and for good reason. B-E-autiful.

Don't take me wrong. I like to razz people a bit. That is something to be proud of.