Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Angry What is wrong with some people....

I was on 422 in Exeter Sunday night waiting for a light I was about 7-10 cars back and there is 2 lanes of traffic so there's about 14-20 cars wating for this light to change. When the light changes the cars start to move then all I see is brakelights and the right lane merging left. when I get up to where all the merging is going on there is a person who laid down their motorcycle, bike is 1/2 in the street and half in the brush on the side of the road, and the person can't get the bike back up. At least 15 people just go around this person like they are a bad pothole and keep going. Me and the person immediately in front of me are the only ones who stop while another wave of cars nearly run us over while we're trying to help. Then 2 more stop. It turns out to be a woman on rice burner who doesn't have the strength to get the bike back up. She was pretty shaken up and one of the guys who stopped was an EMT, he checked her out while me and another guy got he bike out of the way and directed traffic. So I finally got to use my tactical flashlight and no one said a word about me OCing. This was my first OC experience too, as I always conceal but didn't stop to put my jacket on before I jumped out of my truck to help. I just can't believe how many people passed by. I'm especially amazed at the people who saw her dump the bike and watched her struggle while they waited for the light to turn green so they could go on their way.

Default Re: What is wrong with some people....

Quote Originally Posted by matty70 View Post
    I was on 422 in Exeter Sunday night waiting for a light I was about 7-10 cars back and there is 2 lanes of traffic so there's about 14-20 cars wating for this light to change. When the light changes the cars start to move then all I see is brakelights and the right lane merging left. when I get up to where all the merging is going on there is a person who laid down their motorcycle, bike is 1/2 in the street and half in the brush on the side of the road, and the person can't get the bike back up. At least 15 people just go around this person like they are a bad pothole and keep going. Me and the person immediately in front of me are the only ones who stop while another wave of cars nearly run us over while we're trying to help. Then 2 more stop. It turns out to be a woman on rice burner who doesn't have the strength to get the bike back up. She was pretty shaken up and one of the guys who stopped was an EMT, he checked her out while me and another guy got he bike out of the way and directed traffic. So I finally got to use my tactical flashlight and no one said a word about me OCing. This was my first OC experience too, as I always conceal but didn't stop to put my jacket on before I jumped out of my truck to help. I just can't believe how many people passed by. I'm especially amazed at the people who saw her dump the bike and watched her struggle while they waited for the light to turn green so they could go on their way.
    That's today's society......

Only worry about what they want..........

(York County)

Good job on stopping, it is very sad to see the way people in to days society wont take even a minute out of their day to help someone who needs it. I have witnessed people drive around an old man who had fallen in the street and was unable to get up. They drove around and simply honked the car horn at the old man. My cousin and I were the only ones who stopped (this happened about 18 years ago). Society as a whole has only gotten worse over time.

It is up to persons like yourself to teach the younger ones that type of ( screw everyone ) behavior should not be the norm. So hopefully you set an example for others to follow.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by matty70 View Post
    Good Job, rep headed your way.......
    TET 68 Survivor --- U. S. Navy 1963 - 1972

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Retired One View Post
    Good Job, rep headed your way.......
    Thanks for your service Happy Veterans Day!

(Lancaster County)

Damn that was cool of you to stop. I saw a guy get cut off coming out of a turkey hill and dumped his bike. No one but me tried to help him. The guy who cut him off didnt even give a second glance. People can be really f-ed up. Rep sent !!

(York County)

Good work, I helped a younger lady push her dead car out of the middle of the intersection a whille back. I was having a hell of a time with it too, untill I told her that she needed to take it out of park........
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

Every time I drive to DC to visit my folks, I see at least 2 or 3 cars spun around in the woods along the Baltimore-Washington parkway.

The last time I actually saw the car spin out, and every car between me and them stopped and about 3 dozen people got out to help.

It's the flip side of the coin, I guess, but I'm glad people stopped. It sucks when you break down or wreck and people just drive by like nothing happened.

Good for you for stopping to help a total stranger.

(Chester County)

Good on you for helping. Too many people just can't be "bothered" to stop and help. Sad, really. Maybe if those people are ever in a situation where they need people to stop and help they will realize they should do the same. Probably not, though.

(Berks County)

It's not just today's society, it's yesterday's, too. People have always been scumbags consumed with themselves.

Was she cute?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast