Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Florida & Virginia Non-Resident 30-State Carry Permit Class

Florida & Virginia Non-Resident 30-State Carry Permit Class

Class Time: 9:00 AM until 1:00 PM. We provide a “one-stop shop” for law-abiding gun owners to do all the paperwork needed to apply for a Florida and Virginia Non-resident CCW in three to four hours. We supply all the necessary services in one place, at one time, so that you do not have to run around.

We provide the application packets and assist you in completing the application forms, we provide passport photos, a fingerprinting service, notarization, and the necessary handgun safety concealed carry class which includes the live fire qualification required. After class completion, you receive a Certificate of Firearms Safety Training which is required to be included in your application packet.

NOTE: If you are prior military or active duty you do not need to take the safety class, and the fee is $100. for all the paperwork. You will need to include in your application packets, a photocopy of your military honorable discharge document, a photocopy of your DD-214, or a copy of your Military I.D. Also, if you have a certificate of completion of any firearms course offered by an NRA Certified or Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor, that will also suffice. The instructor's name, training classification, and NRA number must be legible.

This program is intended to assist honest gun owners in exercising their rights, by making Florida and Virginia non-resident carry permits readily available to all law abiding citizens, including New Jersey, New York and Maryland residents, whose own state governments deny them the right to carry firearms for personal protection.

Because the Florida carry permit is widely honored and respected through reciprocity agreements with other states, holders of the Florida non-resident permit will be licensed to carry throughout 30 states (excluding New Jersey, New York and Maryland). Even residents of other states like PA who have their own CCWs benefit from Florida's broad protections.

To be eligible you must:
    • Be 21 years of age or older
    • Be a U.S. citizen, or permanent legal resident alien and have the supporting documentation
    • Not have a disqualifying condition
    • Desire a carry permit for lawful self-defense
    • PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION Any form of standard identification that is accepted by Notaries. Typically, a photo ID such as a state-issued driver's license, or U.S. Passport will suffice.

For more information about the Florida and Virginia Non-resident Firearms Licenses, please visit our website: www.PersonalDefenseSolutions.net or call: 215-938-7283 (938-SAVE).

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Florida & Virginia Non-Resident 30-State Carry Permit Class

A question -- can I do this for a FLA renewal?

I don't need the class again, but I do need fingerprints, photos, and I think notary. It's definitely worth it for me to do this since I can't get fingerprints easily in the Philly area on weekends.

(Chester County)

Tagged for later use...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    A question -- can I do this for a FLA renewal?

I don't need the class again, but I do need fingerprints, photos, and I think notary. It's definitely worth it for me to do this since I can't get fingerprints easily in the Philly area on weekends.
    Yes. Definitely. Join us for the paperwork portion of the event starting at 9AM.

/Bruce Eimer, Ph.D.
    www.PersonalDefenseSolutions.net

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Eimer View Post
    Yes. Definitely. Join us for the paperwork portion of the event starting at 9AM.

/Bruce Eimer, Ph.D.
    www.PersonalDefenseSolutions.net
    Ok, include me in the list. See you there. I'll take the class anyway because, why not?

ETA: Ok, I see the way it's bought online...
    Last edited by dgg9; November 10th, 2009 at 04:08 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Okay. See you there.

/Bruce

(Bucks County)

Well, this is annoying.

FLA came back with the renewal, but VA returned everything, claiming I need to fill out the revised SP-248 form. Apparently the one we filled out at the class was obsolete. Now I have to fill out the almost identical replacement, find another Notary, mail it in....

(Montgomery County)

Well, this is annoying.

FLA came back with the renewal, but VA returned everything, claiming I need to fill out the revised SP-248 form. Apparently the one we filled out at the class was obsolete. Now I have to fill out the almost identical replacement, find another Notary, mail it in....
    It is annoying. Sorry you were inconvenienced. Well you got the most important one quickly. You can come to our next class on Jan 30th at 9am at Target World in Chalfont, PA and redo the VA paperwork--no charge of course.

/Bruce

(Bucks County)

Well, this is annoying.

Whats the date on the new form? The form available VSP website is still showing dated 01/01/09...which is the same one i filled out in Sept (but never sent in.) You'd think they would have changed the website...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Whats the date on the new form? The form available VSP website is still showing dated 01/01/09...which is the same one i filled out in Sept (but never sent in.)
    The new form IS 1-1-2009. The one I got in class was 7-1-2008. Some old forms must have gotten in the mix. They look essentially identical.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast