Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Somerset County)

Question Buying / Selling ?

I read thorugh many of the fourms, and i'm pretty sure my neighbor should have to have a liscense. For a little over 2 years he has been buying guns at garage sales and in bulk from someone (i don't know if he registers them in his name or what)

He does not have a liscense to do so. He sells them for much more than what he pays for them. Therefore making quite a profit.

Who do i report this too so it can be looked into?

Default Re: Buying / Selling ?

First off if you have to be nosy ask him whats going on. I have had nosy neighbors in the past that jump to conclusions but would never ask any questions. Those types of people are a real pain in the rear. As far as buying low and sell high for profit that is business. If you are a "Good Neighbor" maybe he will give you a good deal on a gun.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz2720 View Post
    First off if you have to be nosy ask him whats going on. I have had nosy neighbors in the past that jump to conclusions but would never ask any questions. Those types of people are a real pain in the rear. As far as buying low and sell high for profit that is business. If you are a "Good Neighbor" maybe he will give you a good deal on a gun.
    ***AGREED +1***

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by SomPA View Post
    I read thorugh many of the fourms, and i'm pretty sure my neighbor should have to have a liscense. For a little over 2 years he has been buying guns at garage sales and in bulk from someone (i don't know if he registers them in his name or what)

He does not have a liscense to do so. He sells them for much more than what he pays for them. Therefore making quite a profit.

Who do i report this too so it can be looked into?
    As far as I know, as long as he is buying and selling rifles and shotguns at garage sales and whatnot, he doesnt need a license..

AND THERE IS NO MANDATORY REGISTRY IN THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA!! He doesnt have to register a damn thing if he doesnt want to.

And so what if he is buying cheap and selling high, your allowed to do that in America buddy. (or at least for now).

It sounds to me that he is breaking NO laws.. Unless he's a prohibited person, ie, felon.

People like you make me sick, getting into everyone else's business for no reason other to cause trouble. Why don't you stop peaking thru your curtains and worry about yourself. Or go knock on his door and talk to him personaly. Either way it really doesnt concern you.
    WAKE UP OR WACO!

(Beaver County)

Mind your own damn business... you want to live in "nanny rat your neighbors out" state move to NJ...
    Please visit my Website for Exotic ammunition and 37mm goodies... http://gunshowgoods.com

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by bige64 View Post
    Mind your own damn business... you want to live in "nanny rat your neighbors out" state move to NJ...
    Easy Fellas, perhaps this person is a little uneducated.

SomPa- Buying/Selling guns isn't like cars. I believe you can only sell 5 cars a year in PA without a dealer liscense.

Unless he is buying the guns for someone else (meaning Staw Buying), then yes, there is a problem. But if he is buying and flipping for a profit, there is no reason to be alarmed.

But welcome to the site. Look around and gather all the info you can. Guns aren't bad things.

(Lycoming County)

a while back someone asked "how does someone with one post get negative rep" well my friend, you found the fastest way into the red zone. and remember people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. there is no gun registry in pa see below

18 Pa.C.S. § 6111.4: Registration of firearms
    Notwithstanding any section of this chapter to the contrary, nothing in this chapter shall be construed to allow any government or law enforcement agency or any agent thereof to create, maintain or operate any registry of firearm ownership within this Commonwealth. For the purposes of this section only, the term "firearm" shall include any weapon that is designed to or may readily be converted to expel any projectile by the action of an explosive or the frame or receiver of any such weapon.

(Lycoming County)

it is true we should not be so critical of someone who just does not know what is legal and what isn't . but by the way the op wrote his post it sounded like he just wants to screw is nieghbor. if i am wrong, i am sorry and welcome to the site.

(Montgomery County)

There is no registry in Pa.
    As long as he is transferring the guns through an FFL, he is doing nothing illegal.
    Unless he is harming somebody, you should probably mind your own business.

BTW: license

Oh yes, welcome to PAFOA

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Lycoming County)

i would like to point out that rifles and shotguns, or anything else that may be in the longarm class. does not need to go through an ffl if the to parties involved are both from pa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast