Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Moving to PA, SBR ?s

Hey guys. I will be moving to PA in the next few months (YAY!!!) from NY (booo!!!) and just have a couple ?s.

Currently I have a post ban configured Vector Uzi carbine with a 16 in barrel and polymer stock. As a gift to myself, I want to put a metal folding stock on it (which I believe I can do in PA with no issues) and get a 10in barrel.

I know I cant possess the barrel until I get approved but do they require that I buy the barrel first and have the person Im buying from hold it? Or do I just get approved then go out and buy one?

Would I be able to go back and forth from the 10in and 16in barrel? If not then can I cut my 16in barrel to 10in and save a few bucks?

Then if I decide to get a suppressor I would have to pay $200 again?

Anything else that I should know? Ive read the stickies and 7 pages deep on the forum, now my brain is on overload.

I cant believe that I will be able to have post ban hicap mags and a folding stock on my rifles. Cant wait!!!

Thanks for any info.

Jay
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; November 9th, 2009 at 10:27 AM.

Default Re: Moving to PA, SBR ?s

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    Hey guys. I will be moving to PA in the next few months (YAY!!!) from NY (booo!!!) and just have a couple ?s.

Currently I have a post ban configured Vector Uzi carbine with a 16 in barrel and polymer stock. As a gift to myself, I want to put a metal folding stock on it (which I believe I can do in PA with no issues) and get a 10in barrel.

I know I cant possess the barrel until I get approved but do they require that I buy the barrel first and have the person Im buying from hold it? Or do I just get approved then go out and buy one?
    Either way will work;
    Just so the barrel isn't in your posession till you have the APPROVED Form 1 in hand.

Would I be able to go back and forth from the 10in and 16in barrel? Yes. If not then can I cut my 16in barrel to 10in and save a few bucks?

Then if I decide to get a suppressor I would have to pay $200 again? $200.00 again.
    Anything else that I should know? Ive read the stickies and 7 pages deep on the forum, now my brain is on overload.

I cant believe that I will be able to have post ban hicap mags and a folding stock on my rifles. Cant wait!!!

Thanks for any info.

Jay
    Good luck on the move.

Pete
    NEVER TRUST A PRIVATE WITH A LOADED WEAPON OR AN OFFICER WITH A MAP

Hey thanks for the info. Ill buy the barrel so I have 2 to swap between if needed.

(Delaware County)

glad to see you're making the step towards FREEDOM.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Its been a looong time coming. I cant take it anymore. All my friends will still be in NY so when I go shooting with them in their back yards Ill be limited to my long guns (that are post ban of course).

My wife is gunna be pissed at me. She thinks I spend a lot on firearms now. Just she wait. A whole new world is opening up for me. Gigitty

(Pike County)

So ya gonna miss P&G's, Jacks meats, convieniant deli, and all the collage ladys??

Once you get here you'll never look back.

Depending on what county you move too there are very few Class 3 dealers. There is one in pike county and one down in pittston pa. Not sure of any others near the PA./NY/NJ border.

Snert...
    Last edited by Snert; November 11th, 2009 at 07:17 PM.

Never cut a 16" barrel down. Look around and see what the long carbine barrels cost, then see what you can get a short submachinegun barrel for. You have to make sure that you have clearance with the trunnion (the semi carbines are a little different than the SMG's), but there are boatloads of short barrels left over from the many SMG parts kits. The long barrels are rarer, and cost substantially more. You could probably trade an intact long barrel for 2 or 3 short ones.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by Snert View Post
    So ya gonna miss P&G's, Jacks meats, convieniant deli, and all the collage ladys??

Once you get here you'll never look back.

Depending on what county you move too there are very few Class 3 dealers. There is one in pike county and one down in pittston pa. Not sure of any others near the PA./NY/NJ border.

Snert...
    Ahhh yes. Summertime in this town is the stuff. My mom will still be here so I can always visit.

Ill be moving to Pike County.

Thanks for that info GunLawyer001. Appreciate it.