Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Deer Hunting in NJ

What's legal in NJ? High power rifle? Sluged shotgun?
    Pistol? Also, is crossbow legal in archery season? Finally what are the seasons?

was York, now it's Pawley's Island, South Carolina

Default Re: Deer Hunting in NJ

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/index.htm

Everything you need is in here.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by KMcL View Post
    http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/index.htm

Everything you need is in here.
    I looked thru that site & found information on the seasons, but nothing that defines the details on the guns allowed. They mention a bow, muzzleloader, firearm, and shotgun season, but do not detail what is allowed. Somewhere else in the site I read something that infers that crossbow is treated the same as bow, but it is not clearly stated anyware in the site. The fact that there is a shotgun season infers that 'firearms' includes high-power rifle, but again, it is not clearly stated. No idea if pistol is allowed or not.

I may be missing it but if anybody has any information on the above, I'd appreciate the help.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    I looked thru that site & found information on the seasons, but nothing that defines the details on the guns allowed. They mention a bow, muzzleloader, firearm, and shotgun season, but do not detail what is allowed. Somewhere else in the site I read something that infers that crossbow is treated the same as bow, but it is not clearly stated anyware in the site. The fact that there is a shotgun season infers that 'firearms' includes high-power rifle, but again, it is not clearly stated. No idea if pistol is allowed or not.

I may be missing it but if anybody has any information on the above, I'd appreciate the help.
    The ONLY rifle allowed in NJ for deer hunting is a muzzleloader...Firearms is strictly shotgun. Rlfled slugs, rifled slug barrels are OK but no 'High-Powered Rifle'...Their use of Firearm Season means shotguns...

Don't 'infer' anything regarding guns and NJ; they press gun charges against people shooting paint ball guns and BB guns in public...infering anything is a sure way to wear shiny adjustable bracelets on each wrist & watch your head as they push you into the back seat of the cruser...

You see signs saying "Welcome to XYZ township, Firearms Discharge Regulated" w/ fine print directing one to the Police Dept. to learn where they can be used, IF they can be used...
    Last edited by wis bang; November 8th, 2009 at 01:17 PM.