Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Do you use the Ignore List Feature?

I used to use it, back when I was posting regularly on some car forums. I used to take forum posting way too seriously, now I just sit back and enjoy the ride

It's much more amusing when you take internet forums for what they are, and these days I can use all the free entertainment I can get lol

(Montgomery County)

21,942 on my list. Sheesh it's like crickets chirping around here.

Naaaa. Zero on my list. My brain can quicly laugh, filter, and scroll past on its own. I like the dumb posts to laugh at, and learn from other peoples mistakes.

(Delaware County)

I am on a dozen different forums and I run or help run several as well and I have never used the ignore feature.

It is a great feature and on the forums I run and help run I suggest often to members that are fighting to use it.

Members fighting on a forum only brings the site down and turns people off. The best way for all to live in harmony is to have those members put each other on ignore and then everyone is happy.

I personally have never been in such a heated disagreement with someone on a forum where I had to put them on ignore.

My suggestion to members is that if you enjoy a forum and it is only one or two other members that really piss them off, put them on ignore and don't let the one or few ruin your experience.
    TalkPa.net - The Message Board and Forum For Pennsylvania

(Delaware County)

The other thing that I don't get is a member having to announce that they've put other members on Ignore

why?

it's just odd
    TalkPa.net - The Message Board and Forum For Pennsylvania

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
    The other thing that I don't get is a member having to announce that they've put other members on Ignore

why?

it's just odd

They are announcing it to the person that they put on Ignore...kinda of an "in-your-face-I-got-the-last-word" type of thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post

why?

it's just odd
    The point of that is to negate any inference you are stumped by their ingenious arguments and Zen-like stumpers.

When I cease engaging one of these rocket scientists, they tend to continue to play by themselves without particularly noticing my absence. So when I bail from such a poo-fest, I tend to make a note for the benefit of the peanut gallery; so they know that when he claims "Hah! I must be right, you can't name a single Amendment from the Bill of Rights, so like I said, it doesn't exist!" that the reason I'm not refuting it is because I never saw it. Not because he's correct.

To me, it's the equivalent of announcing that you're done playing cards, and not just hitting the head. "Deal me out, cash in my chips, I'm finished playing with you boys."
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    When I cease engaging one of these rocket scientists
    What do you have against rocket scientists?

just kidding...

(Monroe County)

Why bother to use ignore? How can some personality sitting behind a computer screen across cyberspace piss you off that much. Rather then ignore them F... with them.
    This is the internet where we can all be experts, swim suit models and true guardians of the Constitution.

(Monroe County)

It's funny Fingers, of all people, created this thread.

Fingers put me on his ignore list(also neg repped me I believe) after he came into MY thread to tell me im not a "real patriot" for going to new jersey on a 2 day vacation.

I asked him if some of the members here who are police officers in new jersey and maryland are also not patriots.

I believe at which point he started making up arbitrary guidelines as to who is and who is not a "real patriot", or was that his loyal sycophants? Regardless, at this point, he placed me on ignore for calling him out.

I had plenty of people come to my aid, but he's just too cool.

He likes to come into threads with his real banger one liners then tell people to stuff it and throws them on ignore. I see him do it all the time.

I decided not to place him on ignore, because I've been hoping I would see him actually contribute something to some threads in the future, seeing as how he's been around for so long and has such a "high reputation". I'm still waiting fingers.
    Last edited by jcabin; November 6th, 2009 at 12:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Butler County)

Yep.

In fact, I go one step further--if you use firefox, consider ffvb. It makes blocked users completely disappear. You won't see their posts, threads, or quotes. You won't see the little "view post" thing. It's as if they don't exist.

My PAFOA forum experience is better for it. Life is too short.
    Last edited by pyld; November 6th, 2009 at 03:59 PM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast