Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default ridge and valley in coopersburg

Hey, saw someone else do this and I thought it was a good idea. I'm going to attend the monthly meeting this third wed at ridge and valley with my application in hopes of joining. Was just wondering if there were any forum members going to be there so I could say hello and meet some of you. Thanks.
    Now less Glock, more H&K :)

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: ridge and valley in coopersburg

Quote Originally Posted by glockmaster View Post
    Hey, saw someone else do this and I thought it was a good idea. I'm going to attend the monthly meeting this third wed at ridge and valley with my application in hopes of joining. Was just wondering if there were any forum members going to be there so I could say hello and meet some of you. Thanks.
    I'm not going to be there, but welcome to the club.
    You can get your hopes up. If you go to the meeting, and not a psycho or something, you'll be approved and have your membership that night. You don't have to give a speech or dance or anything. Just show up.

(Bucks County)

I'll probably be there.
    Guns are dangerous, but no guns is more dangerous.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bnkrtstk View Post
    I'll probably be there.
    cool, I guess I'll see you there. I grew up in Sellersville. Have you lived there long?

(Bucks County)

cool, I guess I'll see you there. I grew up in Sellersville. Have you lived there long?
    I moved there in Feb of this year from Lansdale. I was born and raised in Philly.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bnkrtstk View Post
    I moved there in Feb of this year from Lansdale. I was born and raised in Philly.
    Just moved back up this way from philly myself in may. See you at the meeting, I'll be the new person trying to join.. By the way, how do you like it? It will be dark at the time of the meeting so I guess a tour is out..

(Montgomery County)

I'll be the new person trying to join..
    I don't know what the current membership rate is, but with hunting season, you probably won't be the only newbie. Back when I joined there were 5-6 others there too.

By the way, how do you like it? It will be dark at the time of the meeting so I guess a tour is out..
    I think it's one of the best ranges around. Archery, Rifle, Pistol and Trap all in one place and one of the best membership fees. I've never had a problem with other members, most are friendly. They're pretty good with upkeep of the backstops.

They let the local LEO's use the pistol range for free. Some members don't like it. I think it's a good service to them, but they should at least pitch in for backstop repair. There are certain times when the pistol range is closed for LEO training. It's never interefered with my shooting schedule. But they do cause quite a bit of damage.

If you're interested in a tour, Monday's they have Trap ($4.00 a round w/25 clays) which is open to the public. I'm sure it'd be no problem to walk around and check the ranges. I'll probably be there Sat. if you're interested in checking it out then.

(Montgomery County)

If you've never seen the club, there are some pictures at www.ridgeandvalley.net

I'm in Ambler, so it's a bit of a hike for me, but it's a nice place. I try to go during the week, and sometimes have the place to myself. Everyone I've met there so far has been very nice. Haven't been to a meeting for a long time because Wednesdays are no good for me, but it will happen eventually.

(Bucks County)

I like it. I haven't had any issues there. The people are nice enough.

I was there one day when the rifle range was closed for police training. There was nobody there so I put some rounds downrange and as I was finishing they came back from lunch. They actually apologized for using the range which I thought was decent of them. They BS'ed a few minutes and got started as I headed down to the pistol range.

I joined last December and it's well worth the price of dues.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by tlgpa View Post
    I don't know what the current membership rate is, but with hunting season, you probably won't be the only newbie. Back when I joined there were 5-6 others there too.

I think it's one of the best ranges around. Archery, Rifle, Pistol and Trap all in one place and one of the best membership fees. I've never had a problem with other members, most are friendly. They're pretty good with upkeep of the backstops.

They let the local LEO's use the pistol range for free. Some members don't like it. I think it's a good service to them, but they should at least pitch in for backstop repair. There are certain times when the pistol range is closed for LEO training. It's never interefered with my shooting schedule. But they do cause quite a bit of damage.

If you're interested in a tour, Monday's they have Trap ($4.00 a round w/25 clays) which is open to the public. I'm sure it'd be no problem to walk around and check the ranges. I'll probably be there Sat. if you're interested in checking it out then.
    Thats nice of you. I usually go shooting saturday mornings at target world or classic pistol. Would I be able to shoot at the club as your guest instead? I don't know if thats against the rules or not so let me know. Otherwise, yeah I could swing up there when I'm done and check it out with you. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast