Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Romanian PSL price question

Aim has them for $590 and i'm going to a couple gun shows this week and the split rock show is coming up. I wanted your opinons. Do you think i'll find another one and at a similar price, or is this the best i'll get.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Romanian PSL price question

There is some good info in this thread:

http://forum.pafoa.org/rifles-42/746...-into-out.html
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(York County)

PSL's were going for $800 at the York show last weekend, plus they were mislabeled as Dragunov's.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelblitz View Post
    PSL's were going for $800 at the York show last weekend, plus they were mislabeled as Dragunov's.
    I haven't been to a gun show in a while and just started looking into these so anyone else that saw the prices of these to would help. thanks

(Lancaster County)

It's highly unlikely you'll find a better price than $580 at a gun show. Realistically, you'll be spending at least $640 between shipping and an ffl transfer if you buy it from AIM, but you still probably won't do better at a gun show.

I always see PSL's at shows, a couple months back I spotted one for $699, but for the most part they're priced $750-$900.

We all know that prices are plummeting right now, unfortunately it doesn't seem that most gun show dealers have gotten the memo on that.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mak47 View Post
    It's highly unlikely you'll find a better price than $580 at a gun show. Realistically, you'll be spending at least $640 between shipping and an ffl transfer if you buy it from AIM, but you still probably won't do better at a gun show.

I always see PSL's at shows, a couple months back I spotted one for $699, but for the most part they're priced $750-$900.

We all know that prices are plummeting right now, unfortunately it doesn't seem that most gun show dealers have gotten the memo on that.
    True all that, but on the dealers that are trying to get the "old price" -

just like dealers sitting on old inventory of the higher-priced KVAR Arsenal guns mentioned in the other thread, and the dealers sitting on inventory of Colt 6920's -

these guys have their margins they have to make back for having stocked these guns in the first place.

We see fellow shooters in the classifieds simply trying to break even on their asking prices, and taking a beating due to prevailing market forces.

The long and short is that the market has adjusted, and dealers and individuals either have to hold - or fold on their prices if they want to get any of their cash out of their inventory.

(Allegheny County)

I went to a show here during the initial price drop of the PSL to look in person first.

Waste of time. Of the 3 or 4 haggard examples I found, they wanted $800+.

FWIW, from AIM to PA is $20 shipping. And it was $26 for pics / transfer. So $579+20=$599. + $26 = $626.

Not $640-650.

No store I have ever gone into - or vendor I have seen can touch J&G, AIM, or Classic on this type of stuff. Period. This was the first gun we ever bought online - and it will be how it gets done more than likely from here on out.

Why pay hundreds more for the same thing. Or in this case... an inferior rifle. Not all PSL's are the same. Some are imported directly and built by Cugir, and others are shlupped together parts kit builds. You want one that was built in Romania. And the one's from AIM were. I can't explain how much nicer mine was than the ones I've seen in stores. It was SUCH a deal. Such a deal I'm still pinching myself.

Be warned the ones from J&G were rumored to be parts kits builds. I would call and ask. But they might still have some. And Classic still has them listed as well. Again, call and ask.

But you aren't going to find them at a show this cheap. Plus even $699 + tax and fee is going to be more than any of the prices these guys are charging + shipping and fee.

Classic also is a little more $ but they ship in a sweet hard case. Which you obviously get to keep.