Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Wayne County)

Default Antiterrorism training (humor ?)

While taking my annual, online antiterrorism training at work last Friday I ran across something that struck me a little funny.

A little background, I live in the little town where the six guys who were plotting attacks on both Ft. Dix and the Philly Coast Guard Station stayed to train. It's a tiny little place w/ a modest amount of tourist influx.

A scenario in the training discussing the events surrounding this case stated the following:

The plotters' other activities should have raised the suspicions of other vigilant people. For example, they frequented a firing range in Pennsylvania and practiced attack tactics at paintball facilities. They collected handguns, shot guns, and semiautomatic assault rifles and engaged in firearms training in the Pocono Mountains. However, no observers reported these suspicious activities.
    As far as I can tell, according to the training criteria, target shooting at a SGL rifle range and practicing attack tactics at a commercial paintball facility constitute "suspicious activity."

I'm apparently not all that vigilant.

Sorry.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Antiterrorism training (humor ?)

The plotters' other activities should have raised the suspicions of other vigilant people. For example, they frequented a firing range in Pennsylvania and practiced attack tactics at paintball facilities. They collected handguns, shot guns, and semiautomatic assault rifles and engaged in firearms training in the Pocono Mountains. However, no observers reported these suspicious activities.

Let's take a look at this for a minute:

1. they frequented a firing range in Pennsylvania ~ So do the rest of us
    2. practiced attack tactics at paintball facilities. ~ I would guess to say a large number of us play paintball too
    3. They collected handguns, shot guns, and semiautomatic assault rifles and engaged in firearms training in the Pocono Mountains. ~ Yup, guilty of that too.

Does this make all of us terrorists? Give me a fucking break.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post

2. practiced attack tactics at paintball facilities. ~ I would guess to say a large number of us play paintball too
    3. They collected handguns, shot guns, and semiautomatic assault rifles and engaged in firearms training in the Pocono Mountains. ~ Yup, guilty of that too.

I don't practice... er... train in the Pocono Mountains!

If God didn't intend us to have guns why would he have given us a trigger finger?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MrBi11 View Post
    I don't practice... er... train in the Pocono Mountains!
    Does being capable of outshooting military "snipers" make me an "anti-sniper"? No.

Or, by education I suppose I'm capable of dreaming up some really nasty explosive devices... But, I'm not an IED wielding terrorist either....

I guess this is what happens when you dumb-down your security. But, I won't go on my usual rant of "you get what you pay for" when it comes to LE and military.
    F*S=k

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    As far as I can tell, according to the training criteria, target shooting at a SGL rifle range and practicing attack tactics at a commercial paintball facility constitute "suspicious activity."

I'm apparently not all that vigilant.

Sorry.
    These muslim terrorists were training with an armory full of weapons and using C4 in the gouldsboro range. You could still see the C4 blast holes up until they recently shut the range down. Might even see them there still, don't know.

They were also training at a local nationally known paintball facility and using military movements, hand signals, and had a hardcore look on their face that the one judge had not even seen our US servicemen act out when attending the paintball center. He called the FBI and an investigation was launched, it turns out there was a link between these groups. All the same guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post

Yep, sure does!

WAKE UP OR WACO!

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    These muslim terrorists were training with an armory full of weapons and using C4 in the gouldsboro range. You could still see the C4 blast holes up until they recently shut the range down. Might even see them there still, don't know.

They were also training at a local nationally known paintball facility and using military movements, hand signals, and had a hardcore look on their face that the one judge had not even seen our US servicemen act out when attending the paintball center. He called the FBI and an investigation was launched, it turns out there was a link between these groups. All the same guys.
    I'm not arguing the specifics of how they actually trained. I'm pointing out the low threshold for what qualifies as "suspicious activity" according to the training that I had taken.

If I apply the same low threshold the next time I visit my local hardware store, I'll have to report anyone that I see purchasing a five pound bag of chemical fertilizer as "suspicious."

Also, you must have better intel than I do. This is the first that I had heard of the C4. I only live 2.5 miles from the range and can hear it on regular basis with a westerly wind and I never heard anything that sounded like explosives during the winter months that they were supposed to have been living here. Do you have a link for this info? I'd be curious to see what else I might not know.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus