Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Planned Parenthood Director Resigns After Watching Abortion Ultrasound

just to be clear, i don't think anyone is pro-abortion; people are pro-choice.

i don't have a Molly McMuffin; as a man, i don't like the idea of abortion, but i'm not the one carrying a thing in my body. i can't very well tell a woman what to do with her body, just as the government can't tell me what religion to practice.

and, for the sake of levity:

(Berks County)

Default Re: Planned Parenthood Director Resigns After Watching Abortion Ultrasound

Quote Originally Posted by ehidle View Post
    There has been much PooPooing of PP in this thread.

PP is not just a baby-killing factory like some in this thread have implied.
    Right.

They also play enabler to teens who should be keeping their legs together or keeping it in their pants.

Even when PP gives kids condoms or Depo shots or Ortho-Novum scripts they don't tell the kids about the hard statistics of human sexuality. The stats suggest that even with the chemicals and the physical barriers sex still makes babies.

Let's look at reality here:

PP may be a left-leaning organization, but it is one that provides very low cost medical services, including routine exams, treatment of HPV-related cervical issues, pre-pregnancy and pre-natal nutritional and wellness counseling, delivery, and yes, they are also an abortion provider, and will assist with adoption.
    PP should be low-cost. They get about a third of their funding from the US taxpayer, who has no choice about whether to fund them.

They do some things that the right does not approve of, but they also do many things that save the lives of both mothers and unborn infants who would otherwise not be able to afford pre-natal medical care and counseling.
    So the infanticide part should just be ignored?

For all the "bad" stuff they do, they also do a lot of "good" stuff. It's important to remember that. They get funding from many sources, not just taxpayers, and as a result they are able to save low income earners a lot of money, or even provide free medical care.
    Their cash comes from the taxpayer, private donations and from services they provide, the most profitable of which appears to be abortion.

Why should we as taxpayers support the organization, though? Personally I'm getting a little sick and tired of subsidizing other peoples' irresponsibility.

I don't know what the statistics are, but I'd go out on a limb and speculate that they probably save more unborn babies than they abort.
    If that's the case then why file a restraining order against their ex-director, citing "irreparable harm"?

They're doing one fifth to one quarter of all abortions performed in the USA now - comes to around 300k per year.

At $300 a pop (an extremely conservative estimate) how much cash do you think that nets them?

PP refers only around one percent of pregnant teens to adoption agencies. They devote aught resources to promoting abstinence, which is about the only form of birth control that is exempted from the reality that Sex Makes Babies.

As expected, though. The gravy train needs to keep rolling, and they need fresh meat.
    These are the exalted gharāniq, whose intercession is hoped for. LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by kunsunoke View Post
    Right.
    Your tirade is a little lost on me. You are either putting words in my mouth, or arguing against points I did not attempt to make.

(Berks County)

Your tirade is a little lost on me. You are either putting words in my mouth, or arguing against points I did not attempt to make.
    It's not a tirade, it's debate.

As for putting words in your mouth - You stated (without support) that there were good things Planned Parenthood did and that they saved more lives than they cost. You also stated that PP was not a baby-killing factory "like some in this thread have implied" (your words, not mine). My counter was that even if that were true it did not undo the bad things or the cost, in human terms or dollars.

Also, PP is is a baby killing factory. It's how they make money. They would not have filed a restraining order against their ex-director were that not true.

Quote Originally Posted by kunsunoke View Post
    It's not a tirade, it's debate.

As for putting words in your mouth - You stated (without support) that there were good things Planned Parenthood did and that they saved more lives than they cost. You also stated that PP was not a baby-killing factory "like some in this thread have implied" (your words, not mine). My counter was that even if that were true it did not undo the bad things or the cost, in human terms or dollars.

Also, PP is is a baby killing factory. It's how they make money. They would not have filed a restraining order against their ex-director were that not true.
    Those most certainly were NOT my words, and in general, you are certainly attempting to distort what I said for the sole purpose of arguing the talking points you have undoubtedly been taught.

(Northampton County)

Those most certainly were NOT my words
    huh??

(10 char)

PP is not just a baby-killing factory like some in this thread have implied.

<snip>

For all the "bad" stuff they do, they also do a lot of "good" stuff.

I don't know what the statistics are, but I'd go out on a limb and speculate that they probably save more unborn babies than they abort.
    Let them take arms

(Berks County)

Those most certainly were NOT my words, and in general, you are certainly attempting to distort what I said for the sole purpose of arguing the talking points you have undoubtedly been taught.
    As rodder has just pointed out, I cut and pasted them directly from one of your previous posts.

You were saying something about distortion?

Ok kids, tell me how these are the same:

"not a baby-killing factory," which is what you claim I said;

and, "not just a baby-killing factory," which is what I actually said.

Next example, tell me how these are the same:

"You said that ... they saved more lives than they cost," which is what you claimed I said;

and, "I'd go out on a limb and speculate that they probably save more unborn babies than they abort."

Please do explain to me how, in each example, the two statements mean the same thing.

Seriously, you people need to READ what the F people write before launching off on some sophomoric recitation of talking points.

We still lack the proof that a lump of 8 cells or so is a human being. While it "may" develop into such ... I fail to see that it already IS.

Jan
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

(Chester County)

i was once a lump of cells, I thank God im still here

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast