Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Cops: Tobyhanna man shot 4 outside party

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...NEWS/911020322

By ADAM McNAUGHTON
    Pocono Record Writer
    November 02, 2009

A Tobyhanna man with a lengthy criminal history is charged with attempted murder after shooting four people outside a party in Long Pond early Sunday morning, according to Pocono Mountain Regional Police.

Dheklan "Dek" John, 22, was involved in a fight that escalated to gunfire outside a home in the Emerald Lakes private community, police said. John has criminal arrests dating back to 2005, including an arrest in April for drug possession with intent to deliver and disorderly conduct charges in July 2008 as part of a riot after the Mount Pocono carnival in which police used a taser gun to disperse an unruly crowd.

At about 12:45 on Sunday morning, police were called to a house on Cedar Drive in Emerald Lakes for reports of a fight involving a baseball bat at a party with more than 100 people. While police were heading to the scene, several calls reported that shots had been fired.

Police said four people were shot outside the house. Joshua Rodriguez, 20, Kristian Richets, 18, and a unidentified 16-year-old boy, all from Tobyhanna, were found with gunshot wounds. They were all taken to Pocono Medical Center by ambulance and Rodriguez was later flown to Lehigh Valley Hospital. A fourth victim, Brandon Purvis, 18, of Tobyhanna, had already been taken to the hospital by car, police were told later.

No information was available on Sunday night on the condition of the victims.

Witnesses told police that John was the shooter and police were able to contact him and convince him to turn himself in to PMRP headquarters.

He arrived around 4:20 a.m. with a woman, Rachel Arndt, 19, of Pocono Pines. She told police that they were together at the time of the shooting and that they had been at the party but left before the fight.

Investigators were able to determine that Arndt was not with John before or during the shooting and she then admitted that she and John had made up the alibi. Arndt was taken into custody and charged with hindering prosecution and lying to police.

John was arrested and charged with several counts of attempted homicide, aggravated assault and other related charges. He was also wanted on a Monroe County bench warrant

Two other men were charged after the incident. Joseph Gorritz, 19, of Tobyhanna, was caught by police trying to flee the party in his car. Police said he and other witnesses in the car sped away from officers and crashed while being chased on Clover Drive South in Emerald Lakes. Gorritz is charged with fleeing police and was temporarily taken to county jail.

One of the partygoers, Ronald Walker, 18, of Tobyhanna, is charged with persistent disorderly conduct and resisting arrest after he became uncooperative with police and shouted obscenities at investigators. He fought with police while being taken into custody and was temporarily taken to county jail.
    One more reason to stay away from Tobyhanna.

And what a dumb twit, she tried lying for this piece of scum, nice people she hangs out with. Oh well, a little away time should cure her of her stupidity, or not.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Cops: Tobyhanna man shot 4 outside party

To add to Original Poster coments look at past history and all the withdrawn and (my favorite - not) Nolle Prossed charges or not prosecuted.

note the false info to police officer in the past.

So IF this guy would have killed someone, was it the weak gun laws in PA fault or the fact the DA didn't protect society by using the lock and key approach?

http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketS...erID=200259567

Thumbs up Re: Cops: Tobyhanna man shot 4 outside party

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post

note the false info to police officer in the past.

.... or the fact the DA didn't protect society by using the lock and key approach?

http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketS...erID=200259567

W F,

In your Church, but a different pew ... put me down for the Lock and Lost Key approach !
    " For the left, Freedom IS a Fringe Idea "

(Monroe County)

Awesome. Just another reason why The furthest direction north I travel in monroe county is to mt pocono. Tobyhanna and surrounding area's are nearly desolate, except for the 10,000 population gated gang community aPCP and completely crime ridden.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Ah erm, eh hem ... this was NOT in Tobyhanna, it was in Long Pond ... Emerald Lakes to be exact.

I had heard the 'trouble' was spreading down 940 west, this only confirms it

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Ah erm, eh hem ... this was NOT in Tobyhanna, it was in Long Pond ... Emerald Lakes to be exact.

I had heard the 'trouble' was spreading down 940 west, this only confirms it
    Well smarty pants it says a man from Tobyhanna, I just now get to add Long Pond to the Do Not Go To Without Heavy Armor list.

Besides it's just as important of where they live as to where they do their crimes, both places need to be avoided because of scum like this running around the streets.

LOL he's so going to get me for this LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    Well smarty pants it says a man from Tobyhanna, I just now get to add Long Pond to the Do Not Go To Without Heavy Armor list.

Besides it's just as important of where they live as to where they do their crimes, both places need to be avoided because of scum like this running around the streets.

LOL he's so going to get me for this LOL
    Hey you ... don't you have work to be doing, work I am waiting on?

Isn't it sad, a husband and wife, in the same house, communicating via an online forum ..... yesh

(Monroe County)

Like long pond is any better. I try and stay as far away from the ass hats who live around the race track area, they're just as bad as the thugs crawling in from the cities.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

Hey you ... don't you have work to be doing, work I am waiting on?
    Yeah, um, I sent it to you over a half hour ago, check your email, LOL

Isn't it sad, a husband and wife, in the same house, communicating via an online forum ..... yesh
    HAHA, it's almost as bad as your son IMing me from his bedroom for lunch

(Monroe County)

heh, ive IM'ed my gf before from my computer when she was no more then 5 feet behind me, on her laptop.

and yeah Long POnd is now getting infiltrated by the PCP scum. did you guys not read about the stabbing that happened a few months back, and then the police standoff maybe a month ago out there?
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast