Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My New Mosin!!

(Franklin County)

Default My New Mosin!!

I found this little gem buried in the back of a local gun store. I cross checked a few of the serials and a few of the things to see if it was fake or not. I can't tell with the scope but the rest of the gun seems to ba great

Its a 1943 All numbers matching, No crown, No Counterbore, 91/30s. It appears to have the Russian Symblos stamped onto the barrel and scope but I don't have any white crayons to show the one on the reciver. The rifiling appears to be crisp.

I had a gunsmith clean it and check it out for me. He said it was the worst rifle he has cleaned in a long time. He said it took about 150 patches to get it all cleaned up but it seems like a pretty decent weapons he said.

I hope it's truly authentic. If not, no biggie. I plan to hang onto it anyway.

Sorry about the crappy pictures. Im going to the range tomorrow. I hope to get some better ones.

(Allegheny County)

Talking Re: My New Mosin!!

nice looking rifle,nice pics, i can't get my camera to get good pictures on numbers and letters. there are sites to check the authenticity to see if its the real deal,but as long as your happy with it who cares. now you need just one more, thats what i tell my wife.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: My New Mosin!!

Quote Originally Posted by mpoppel41 View Post
    nice looking rifle,nice pics, i can't get my camera to get good pictures on numbers and letters. there are sites to check the authenticity to see if its the real deal,but as long as your happy with it who cares. now you need just one more, thats what i tell my wife.
    Yea, my G/f was a little less than enthusiastic about it. I bought stripper clips at a local gun show to use for it before I bought it. I noticed the clips won't work because of the scope. She said well maybe you could give them to someone. I said " how about I buy another gun that uses em'. I don't want to put them to waste."

She was unamused.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
    Yea, my G/f was a little less than enthusiastic about it. I bought stripper clips at a local gun show to use for it before I bought it. I noticed the clips won't work because of the scope. She said well maybe you could give them to someone. I said " how about I buy another gun that uses em'. I don't want to put them to waste."

She was unamused.
    7.62x54r.net enjoy.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Centre County)

YER KILLIN' ME, SMALLS!

Nice gun. And an original Soviet scope to boot. Looks like the bore could use another 150 or so patches, though. The rifling looks good but it looks like a sewer pipe in there!

Also, if your gf gives you any more crap, just tell her 'how about I get another girlfriend that doesn't complain about my gun purchases?'
    Last edited by Mr White; November 5th, 2009 at 01:00 PM.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    YER KILLIN' ME, SMALLS!

Nice gun. And an original Soviet scope to boot. Looks like the bore could use another 150 or so patches, though. The rifling looks good but it looks like a sewer pipe in there!

Also, if your gf gives you any more crap, just tell her 'how about I get another girlfriend that doesn't complain about my gun purchases?'
    You Play Ball Like a Girl!!

I don't know why that picture came out like that, it really doesn't look at all like that. She is a damn sweet shooter

And I got shafted on the scope, she ain't original. The rest is but that.

Thanks Redeye for the site. I'm already registered.

Quote Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
    ...And I got shafted on the scope, she ain't original...
    Why do you say this?
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA Rifleman View Post
    Why do you say this?
    The price I paid for the gun, plus its a Century Arms. THe price I paid is on par with the repo scope they are selling with their guns.

looks very nice. I recommend looking up online for plans for a DIY electric bore cleaner. I collect surplus rifles, and it is the best $10.00 you can spend. Saves a lot of elbow grease. As for the rifle i definitely like it but the scope is a repro. Quick and easy way to tell is the screws on the adjustment turrets are flush with the turret. Original ones were rounded and tended to stick up a little.

(York County)

Either way I have found these guns to be as addicting as 870's haha. I bought one and about 750 rounds of ammunition and haven't stopped buying other ones since. I am up to three. One I have kept original and the other two I have stripped the stocks and refurbished them. Great guns if you take care of them. Nice find!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast