Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Carbon County)

Cool Gunsmith in Carbon County area

Looking for one that does good work on pistol triggers and sight work. Professionally, not any fly-by nighters.

What type of pistol are you looking for? The reason I ask is...there might be a good smith for 1911 and that's all he or the company handles...you might want to research who the well known smiths are for your particular pistol and send off the pistol. If it's a 1911, I'd recommend EGW or Randy Hollenbush (sp)...as far as sights go...if you opt for NS...most NS companies will install them for you...you might even be able to install them yourself.

(Luzerne County)

Daves Guns in Drums PA (Luzerne County) has always done very nice work for me 570-788-5518. Fast, reasonable and guranteed.

Tom

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Gunsmith in Carbon County area

Contact Precision Armaments located just outside Slatington, Good work and Good prices. Phone 610 767-9046

(Lackawanna County)

I'm in Susquehanna Cnty, I came from KIMBER and make not customize 1911's. If I can help.

Dave Wells
    Shop 561-8682

(Carbon County)

Lately, I've been using a guy named Chuck Lutz who has a shop in Brodheadsville on 209.

He's done work for me on the spot on my 1911s.

Here's an excerpt I pasted out of our community newsletter from this summer about him:

"Chuck has worked with firearms for more than 45 years. Early on he owned and operated his own shops in the Bucks County area. At that time, he also worked as a firearms examiner for Bucks County. Before moving here, he commuted for a year to Stroudsburg to work at Dunkelberger's Sports Outfitters. Chuck did many repairs for Kimber Manufacturing Industry.

He has worked on the Remington 788 rifles for 27 years, and is still repairing them today. He was mentioned in the "American Gunsmith Magazine" in 1998 for his extensive knowledge in repairing the weakness of the Model 788 design regarding the bolt handle- to-bolt-body attachments.

Chuck was also featured in the October '86 issue of Guns & Ammo Magazine. Since the "pin guns" today totally dominate the handgun action shooting games, which is known today as the customized auto pistol. The pin gun helps greatly to keep you on target. A big drawback to the pin gun is that it usually costs $1,100 to $2,000. Chuck has designed an ingenious muzzle weight system that instantly converts your pistol into a pin gun, at the reasonable cost of $249. The third magazine that he was mentioned in was "Outdoor Life", where he described the excellent performance of the Hornady bullets.

He is pleased to once again be back in ownership of his own shop on Route 209 in Brodheadsville, PA. Some of the services he performs are wood synthetic stock repair and refinishing, cowboy action job, and Kimber Rifle Service.

Number for Chuck at his shop is 610- 681-6884."