Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Non Gun related legal question

OK Guys here's the story

Employee is taking ex-husband back to court for increase in child support.

The ex-husbands lawyer subpoena me and is demanding documents that pertain to said employees pay. No Problem they want proof of how she is paid.

They are also asking for so much Bull S*** that really has zero bearing on this court case. If they wanted the basics it would take me 1-2 hours at the most to put it together.

With all the crap (Harassment) they want and all the information broken out it is looking like at least 5 hours or more to put it together. Plus they want me to testify on how I pay her at a deposition down at his lawyers office.

Question: Can I bill this ASSHOLE and his lawyer for my time at $25 per hour plus, any printing and mileage costs.

He is basically dead meat since he has done everything he can to hide his income. He started saying he didn't make any over time at the G20. You see he wouldn't produce his pay stubs for that time frame. Court moved the hearing to next month where she is going to take his cheating, lazy, lying ass to the cleaners.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Non Gun related legal question

Forcing an expenditure and loss on your part? ..I'm sure you could sue for compensation.

But then again, I'm not a lawyer.. Just an asshole..
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lehigh County)

Send him a bill for your time...

I sent a bill to a doctor once. My ex and I had an appointment for 1:00 so I took a late lunch hoping to get back to the shop by 2-230ish. We waited in the waiting room till 3 pm 2 hours late. I asked the receptionist why the delay, did the Dr have an emergency? Can I reschedule? She told me the Dr plays golf on thursday mornings and must have taken longer than expected. I could reschedule but I would still have to pay for the office visit since my insurance company wouldn't pay for services not performed and the company policy was "clients must reschedule appointments 48 hours prior to the scheduled time." I was pissed, so I sat there and my ex was eventually seen by the Dr... I asked him about his game, he told me he shot 2 over 74.

When I got home I made up a bill on MS Money and mailed it to the Dr. When they called me about it I explained, I was on time, there wasn't an emergency (since you played golf) and my time is valuable. I missed 4 hours of work, I would have earned $15.00 per hour, so you owe me $60.00...

The Dr didn't send me a check, but they didn't charge me the co-pay for the remainder of the pregnancy.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Montgomery County)

RHETORICAL QUESTION: Are you sure that you shouldn't be billing at more than $25/hr?

That said, unless you have an actual objection to releasing said information, It is probably easier to simply comply. You could get a lawyer and/or go to the judge and try and get them to justify their requests. In the end, you'll probably spend at least the same time, if you don't end up doubling it.

As a plaintiff-affiliate, I had to go through 5, 5-drawer legal size file cabinets to find "any complaints" as part of a discovery request. That is literally hundreds of folders and I can't even venture how many thousands of pages. As painful as it was, our attorney said just do it. The system sometimes sucks and is can be used capriciously and as a weapon.
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

(Somerset County)

As a retired LEO I hate these situations . Too often leads to murders & or murder suicide . I hate divorce but if there has to be I think one or the other should be put in witness protection program .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Allegheny County)

Let me explain the Bull S*** information they are asking for which they will not get and his lawyer is going to hear from me tomorrow over this information.

1. Year end production reports from my company. Sorry that isn't any of their business and comes under personal privacy rules. Me and my company are not on trial.

2. They want profit and loss statements for the company. Again personal privacy rules apply me and my company.

3. They want and percentage of ownership his wife has in my company.
    Zero. He knows she has nothing to with the company and is lying to the attorney hopping the wife backs down and drops her demands.

4. Wants to know what percentage the wife makes off other workers production. WTF For the record zero and the ex-husband knows this.

5. The want a complete sales for the company and a break out of what percentage one employee sold. And what percentage she got from other employee sales again she gets zero. WTF is this he know this and this is nothing more than harassment.

6. And they want a complete inventory of goods available for sale in the business. Actual cost as well as retail cost per item. WTF would you want that unless your harassing me to be a dick.

Wait until his hot shot lawyer finds out tomorrow that every lawyer this guy has had before her over the last 15 years has dropped him for flat of lying to them.

Three ex-wives, child support running on three kids. Only one of those kids he married the mother. All three ex-wives left him for lying, cheating and being a total asshole to them. Two women didn't go after him for child support because they didn't want their child to have anything to do with him.
    There may be more but I only know about the above women.

The best was the last wife. This women signed her home over to the guy and walked out with her kids late last year.
    It wasn't worth much and she had only owned if for a few years so she lost maybe $15,000 on the deal. She owned his truck so she took it with her when she left him. She bought it because he couldn't get a loan. This is how much this women wanted to get away from this guy. He came real close to being homeless when he didn't pay the mortgage for almost six months. He was blowing the money on women trying to impress another sucker to move in and pay his bills.
    Last edited by ALS; October 27th, 2009 at 05:53 PM.

(Somerset County)

I will never understand what draws apparent good women to the worst sort of men .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

My response to such a subpoena would be to produce a copy of payroll records and the most recent W2 for the employee.

I would resist a subpoena that asked for any sensitive internal records of the company as they have nothing to do with the case of She vs. He.

In other words, "You wanna know how much I have paid him? Fine, here ya go. Anything else, go pound sand."

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ALS View Post
    Let me explain the Bull S*** information they are asking for which they will not get and his lawyer is going to hear from me tomorrow over this information.

1. Year end production reports from my company. Sorry that isn't any of their business and comes under personal privacy rules. Me and my company are not on trial.

2. They want profit and loss statements for the company. Again personal privacy rules apply me and my company.

3. They want and percentage of ownership his wife has in my company.
    Zero. He knows she has nothing to with the company and is lying to the attorney hopping the wife backs down and drops her demands.

4. Wants to know what percentage the wife makes off other workers production. WTF For the record zero and the ex-husband knows this.

5. The want a complete sales for the company and a break out of what percentage one employee sold. And what percentage she got from other employee sales again she gets zero. WTF is this he know this and this is nothing more than harassment.

6. And they want a complete inventory of goods available for sale in the business. Actual cost as well as retail cost per item. WTF would you want that unless your harassing me to be a dick.

Wait until his hot shot lawyer finds out tomorrow that every lawyer this guy has had before her over the last 15 years has dropped him for flat of lying to them.

Three ex-wives, child support running on three kids. Only one of those kids he married the mother. All three ex-wives left him for lying, cheating and being a total asshole to them. Two women didn't go after him for child support because they didn't want their child to have anything to do with him.
    There may be more but I only know about the above women.

The best was the last wife. This women signed her home over to the guy and walked out with her kids late last year.
    It wasn't worth much and she had only owned if for a few years so she lost maybe $15,000 on the deal. She owned his truck so she took it with her when she left him. She bought it because he couldn't get a loan. This is how much this women wanted to get away from this guy. He came real close to being homeless when he didn't pay the mortgage for almost six months. He was blowing the money on women trying to impress another sucker to move in and pay his bills.
    I would supply nothing except her earnings (W4?). Nothing else is relevant.

It sounds like he has told the lawyer that she is a partial owner in the company and has employees working under her, hence the questions about the company as a whole and how much she earns from other people.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.