Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Old Italian Pistol Experts...step inside!

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1565 View Post
    I like many of you have gottan a gun from my grandfather. He never cleaned the gun and i'm unsure of how to clean it. I looked online for any information on it and found this forum. On one side it says "An It Armr Galesi Brescia Brev Mod 9 and on the other side it says it made in Italy and that is was made in 1954, also right on next to trigger has PSF.

I thank anyone for their help.
    I haven't had mine apart yet...It's still locked up in my Dad's safe! It's a tight little gun, but someone here has probably had on apart.

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Lancaster County)

This is what one of the websites said about disassembling the model 9.

"The last production was marked IAG (industria armi galesi). It closed in the years the ' 60-70 gun represented here is model 9 gauges 7.65 of them. Disassembling is done with three hands of 6 fingers each one!
    It was to avoid any patent of the other producers, but unnecessarily complicated!"

Not very encouraging is it?

Good Luck, I would say to try google for the owners manual.

nhughesmd

well after reading this thread. I was hoping to get in touch with Echo Five. It sounds as if he might know. Also this is my first time field stripping a weapon so any tips would also be nice.

Thanks

ATTENTION TO ALL

i have been trying to figure out for months on how to field strip a galesi brescia mod 9. I couldn't quite find the answer until now... there is a web page that has the how to.

http://quashnick.net/index.php?itemid=95

It was very easy... after reading this. If any questions arrive contact me and i'll try to help...

flyboy1565

Default Model 6, I think

Hi everyone,
    I just registered and joined this discussion because I have inherited one of these pistols from my Dad. It is stamped Armi-Galesi-Brescia-Brevetto Cal 6.35 on the left side of the slide. On the right side it is stamped Made in Italy. The date 1957 and some other symbols are stamped on the right side just behind the trigger. The grips are pearl colored plastic (I assume) with the AG logo embossed in a metal button inset. The finish is black and fairly worn on the slide.

There is also an opened box of Remington 50 gr. 25 cal. 6.35mm center fire cartridges, count of 21.

Based on this discussion, I suppose that the pistol is a Model 6. It has not been cleaned or fired in at least 20 years. My uneducated opinion is that it is in pretty good shape and would clean up nicely.

Does anyone care to comment or make suggestions as to what I should do with it? I appreciate classic firearms and would like to restore/preserve this one if it is worth it. Of course it has sentimental value because it belonged to Dad.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Model 6, I think

Quote Originally Posted by Sandlapper View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I just registered and joined this discussion because I have inherited one of these pistols from my Dad. It is stamped Armi-Galesi-Brescia-Brevetto Cal 6.35 on the left side of the slide. On the right side it is stamped Made in Italy. The date 1957 and some other symbols are stamped on the right side just behind the trigger. The grips are pearl colored plastic (I assume) with the AG logo embossed in a metal button inset. The finish is black and fairly worn on the slide.

There is also an opened box of Remington 50 gr. 25 cal. 6.35mm center fire cartridges, count of 21.

Based on this discussion, I suppose that the pistol is a Model 6. It has not been cleaned or fired in at least 20 years. My uneducated opinion is that it is in pretty good shape and would clean up nicely.

Does anyone care to comment or make suggestions as to what I should do with it? I appreciate classic firearms and would like to restore/preserve this one if it is worth it. Of course it has sentimental value because it belonged to Dad.
    Well, it's not a very valuable gun, but as mentioned, the sentimental value is priceless to you! I'd say to clean it up and shoot it! If it looks questionable, have a gun smith look at it before you decide to shoot it.

Yeah i agree clean it up and have a smith look it over... its not a bad gun to shoot. It was the first gun i fired so... i'm partial. If you need any tips on how to strip it down, i've posted a link and i'm always checking on this thread

I'm new here...hoping someone can help me. In my Grandmother's safe, we found my Grandfather's gun. a F.LLI GALESI soc Italiana 25 caliber Model 503b. I'm wondering when it was manfactured & it's value

I have one just like the one posted by DallasTx. I got it from an old man in my neighborhood when I was in my late teens or early twenties. I am now pushing seventy. Both white grips on mine are cracked but the gun is in excellent condition. I have fired it but found it lacking in accuracy. I would hate to have to hit anything smaller than a man at 25 feet. I am an excellent pistol shot. I would like to sell mine.
    Last edited by rljohn357; December 5th, 2009 at 12:25 AM. Reason: to include my age.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by valterj1967 View Post
    I'm new here...hoping someone can help me. In my Grandmother's safe, we found my Grandfather's gun. a F.LLI GALESI soc Italiana 25 caliber Model 503b. I'm wondering when it was manfactured & it's value
    I believe them to be made between 1950 and 1960. Value is low, maybe $125 if you're lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by rljohn357 View Post
    I have one just like the one posted by DallasTx. I got it from an old man in my neighborhood when I was in my late teens or early twenties. I am now pushing seventy. Both white grips on mine are cracked but the gun is in excellent condition. I have fired it but found it lacking in accuracy. I would hate to have to hit anything smaller than a man at 25 feet. I am an excellent pistol shot. I would like to sell mine.
    You're more than welcome to place an ad in our firearm classified section. Just be sure to research the rules governing interstate sales of pistols.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast