Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Old Italian Pistol Experts...step inside!

WHEW!! So I'm NOT the only one!! hahaha... Thanks for the link Hughes... that's actually one of the first websites I found regarding the Galesi Model 9.

I am seeking info on the Armi Galesi I have, left to be by my father. 25 cal., marked XVII on the side along with PSF, white hand grips. It is still in the box it came in, and is excellent condition, think never even fired. Anyone know what year it is, value of it. Thanks you can contact me by dixie54401@yahoo.com

Anyone know what the XVII means on the side.

(Philadelphia County)

I know absolutely nothing about them, but that is a cool looking little vintage firearm..
    ZRT -SECTOR-7
    "If you do not stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them" - Unknown
    "Incoming fire has the right of way" - Murphy's Military Laws
    "Fast is fine, accuracy is final" - Larry Vickers

Quote Originally Posted by nhughesmd View Post
    Well, I wouldn't consider myself old, but I do know a little about the gun in question. The gun is made by "Galesi Pistols" from Collebeato (Brescia), Italy Manufactured by "Industria Armi Galesi". Your gun is the Galesi Model 6 Pocket Automatic Pistol. The model 6 came in .22 long or .25 Automatic (6.35mm) has a 6 shot magazine. Barrel length is 2 1/4 in. and overall length is 4 3/8 in. It weighs about 11 oz. and has fixed sights. It only came in the blued finish. had plastic stocks and began production around 1930. In 1993 it was valued around $120, I'm not sure of it's worth now.

There was also a Galesi model 9 that was larger and came in .22, .32, and .380.
    it was 5 7/8 in. long and had a weight of about 21 oz.

I hope this helps! It is always nice to have old guns handed down from generation to generation. It is not always about how much they are worth monitarily either, it boils down to sentimental value. Hang on to it. It is an interesting piece.
    Hi. I just found this website by trying to find some info on the same kind of pistol I also got from my grandfather. He is deceased and I have no info at all on this pistol. Your email said that the pistols came only in blue but the one I have is stainless. It looks chrome. Good shape. It has white plastic handles. There was about ten bullets with this pistol but I can't tell what size they are. They aren't longs. Can you tell me anything about this or do you know where maybe I can get some info on this gun? Thanks for your time.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by shakker View Post
    Hi. I just found this website by trying to find some info on the same kind of pistol I also got from my grandfather. He is deceased and I have no info at all on this pistol. Your email said that the pistols came only in blue but the one I have is stainless. It looks chrome. Good shape. It has white plastic handles. There was about ten bullets with this pistol but I can't tell what size they are. They aren't longs. Can you tell me anything about this or do you know where maybe I can get some info on this gun? Thanks for your time.
    Hi and welcome to the PAFOA forum!
    I looked back over this thread and saw that there are pictures posted of Chrome/Stainless model 6 and/or 9's. The book I found that information in was incorrect in stating they only came in blue. Sorry about the misleading info.

As far as caliber. Look on the bottom of the shell of the round and see if it is a rimfire of a centerfire. If you are not sure of the distinction the centerfire looks like 2 circles (one inside the other), the rimfire is flat and seamless. The centerfire would be the 6.35 and the rimfire would be the .22. If you follow the links on the first two pages you will come up with some interesting info. I found the other info in an old gun book I have laying around.

Hope this helps,
    nhughesmd

Maybe I can tap your outstanding knowledge of the Galesi 25 cal. I can't figure the model number out on mine. On the left side slide it says "Soc.F.lli Galesi-Brescia-Cal 6.35" On the right it says "Made in Italy". Just aft of the trigger on the right it has a symbol then below that another with the letters PSF thbelow that the roman numerals XXlll. Any ideas what model it may be or what the numbers mean? Thanks

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by m.a.baugh View Post
    Maybe I can tap your outstanding knowledge of the Galesi 25 cal. I can't figure the model number out on mine. On the left side slide it says "Soc.F.lli Galesi-Brescia-Cal 6.35" On the right it says "Made in Italy". Just aft of the trigger on the right it has a symbol then below that another with the letters PSF thbelow that the roman numerals XXlll. Any ideas what model it may be or what the numbers mean? Thanks
    Hello and welcome to the forum. I would be glad to help the best I can. Given the markings "Soc.F.lli Galesi-Brescia-Cal 6.35" It is not a model 6. The model 6 would have been marked with Armi-Galesi-Brescia-Brevetto-cal. 6.35. I believe you have one of the models listed below probably a 504 due to it's popularity. The model numbers are based on the finish and grips. Also double check the length. If the size is wrong let me know, I will do some more research for you.

cal 6.35, 22 shorts, 22 long - overall length 114mm
    503/A: Bronzed with black plates of stick
    503/B: Bronzed white plates
    504: chrome, white plates
    505/B: chrome, engraved, white plates
    505/EL: engraved, plated gold, plates out of mother-of-pearl, case out of leather

I hope this helps!
    nhughesmd

Quote Originally Posted by nhughesmd View Post
    Well, I wouldn't consider myself old, but I do know a little about the gun in question. The gun is made by "Galesi Pistols" from Collebeato (Brescia), Italy Manufactured by "Industria Armi Galesi". Your gun is the Galesi Model 6 Pocket Automatic Pistol. The model 6 came in .22 long or .25 Automatic (6.35mm) has a 6 shot magazine. Barrel length is 2 1/4 in. and overall length is 4 3/8 in. It weighs about 11 oz. and has fixed sights. It only came in the blued finish. had plastic stocks and began production around 1930. In 1993 it was valued around $120, I'm not sure of it's worth now.

There was also a Galesi model 9 that was larger and came in .22, .32, and .380.
    it was 5 7/8 in. long and had a weight of about 21 oz.

I hope this helps! It is always nice to have old guns handed down from generation to generation. It is not always about how much they are worth monitarily either, it boils down to sentimental value. Hang on to it. It is an interesting piece.
    My gun is just like this one pictured... Armi galesi brescia brevetto 1957

.25 automatic

6.35 cal

But my gun is nickle plated and has a pearl handle... anyway I thought it was a berretta.. duh! Guess I wanted to call it something:-)

I like many of you have gottan a gun from my grandfather. He never cleaned the gun and i'm unsure of how to clean it. I looked online for any information on it and found this forum. On one side it says "An It Armr Galesi Brescia Brev Mod 9 and on the other side it says it made in Italy and that is was made in 1954, also right on next to trigger has PSF.

I thank anyone for their help.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast