Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default TargetMaster, AGAIN!!!

Had a bad day at work today. Things weren't going as the 'recruiting poster' said things should go. So, I did what I always do when I have a bad day, I decided to go and buy myself a present. I've been looking at getting a 'bug' and since Targetmaster was right around the corner, in I go. Mind you, it is already settled in my mind, "I AM BUYING A NEW GUN TODAY". Credit card that I am going to use comes out of the wallet along with my ID, bot h go into front pants pocket. It won't be long now and I'll be fondling my new toy!
    I walk in and go straight to the counter and start making my selection. Only me and one other customer in the store, couple of guys on the range, two guys worrking the counter, and one of them is on the phone. This is what I heard: "I got a bunch of used guns in today, and I gotta check the fuckin' things in, and in the middle of all that I have to talk to THAT asshole on the phone twice today".
    Wow, that short little one-sided conversation just completely put me off buying from that store. Really, if you MUST say something like that on the phone, (and who really does?), shouldn't that call be made from a back room or office? He had no idea if i had a kid with me. Never mind kids, I shouldn't have to hear that.
    Guess, I'm going to Tanner's tomorrow. I've never heard that kind of language across the counter there.
    TargetMaster's is their own worst enemy!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: TargetMaster, AGAIN!!!

I'm puzzled that these guys are still in business.

(Bucks County)

Doesn't shock me, that place is a joke. Went their twice to pick up items, twice I was turned off by the amount of douchebagery I saw behind the counter. Hey no problem by me, Tanner's and Surplus City were more than happy to spend some time and make some sales.

.......needless to say, the 3rd time is not the charm.

(Bucks County)

i wouldn't let a little profanity keep me from buying a gun unless the profanity was directed at me.

You must be bored with your own life., Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    i wouldn't let a little profanity keep me from buying a gun unless the profanity was directed at me.
    Times two. I don't see the problem. They are friendly and help me out all the time. Same for many others. They are in business because they provide a great environment for indoor shooting for EVERYONE AND ANYONE.

(Chester County)

I also wouldn't have let that bother me unless the dude was dropping F's in front of my kids, whom I've taken there several times. Then I'd have to tell them to be mindful of who may be around. Other than that I couldn't care less how the dude speaks on the phone. That said, I haven't had any real problems there other than clerks walking past me several times while I'm standing waiting to be helped, before they'll acknolwedge me. Even this I can understand to a degree as they must deal with plenty of all types of people in a day's time. Who is just there to look and who is there to buy is probably something they get constantly and I'm sure they get desensitized to it all. I usually just speak up and ask for help once I'm at the counter because I don't expect the guy to be a mind reader. They always have handgun ammo when I need it, so for that reason they're a decent place to go. Can't say that about wal-Mart, etc where its hit or miss on ammo anymore.
    Last edited by Poonie; November 13th, 2009 at 01:44 PM.