Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Wink pittsburgh gun club opening

Hello all,
    We just heard that Tex served 1 year in jail for violation of selling guns(illegel) and he will be opening the club soon. DOes anyone know if this is true? We sure do miss-it and nobody comapred to what he has. Thanks for the reply

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: pittsburgh gun club opening

No....he hasn't been in jail. The closing of the club was voluntary....he's trying to re-open with someone else as manager but now the township is not letting him re-open. His lawyer is working on it.
    There are three kinds of people in this world....them what's good at math and them what ain't.

Once upon a time, there was a person who came here to just post one thing, it was disturbing to many...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    I hadn't been there yet this year, and just went to their webpage and it says they're closed until further notice.

Does anybody know what happened? Why did they close, and when will they reopen?

I liked going there because I could usually get an area by myself and not have to wait for other people to stop to check targets, etc.
    Then there came others to support it and show how strong the first post was... He stated we shgould read the local papers, once had about 5 posts, then deleted all but the original, the one you cant delete!~

Note, these people all post once to stir up emotions, then watch the reaction.

Anf then there where those who just came after to disturb the shit and spew misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by angelo View Post
    Hello all,
    We just heard that Tex served 1 year in jail for violation of selling guns(illegel) and he will be opening the club soon. DOes anyone know if this is true? We sure do miss-it and nobody comapred to what he has. Thanks for the reply
    Tex has not spent any time in jail, No one really knows exactly what will happen to the club. Any one who claims to is speaking through their hat. Probably the closest to opening the club there is so far was that I was told there was a Lawyer interested in taking it over... I was also asked if I would take the managment, that was a month or so ago, there has been no news since then.
    Last edited by Frenchy; July 15th, 2007 at 11:13 PM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

well this just turned kinda weird...

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    well this just turned kinda weird...
    It was meant to turn wierd, it was meant to show there are people out there who join this membership to post once then watch the reactions.

Facts about the GPGC:

There was a raid by the BATF there. Disturbing fact about this is that there where people e-mailing the directors of this fact only hours after it happened.

The guns and ammo where taken from there.

There where personal guns as well as club guns and guns for sale ceased when the FFL was pulled.

The club remained open to anyone who wanted to shoo there over a month after the GPGC lost its FFL.

There where talks about the club reopening under new management before the BATF went there and as late as a June 2007. We don’t have all the info on legalities on this topic yet.

Nor Tex, nor any members of the family or friends of the GPGC went to jail over this.

What I would ask from past and aspiring members of GPGC and the members of PAFOA is that you avoid rumors. As I stated a while back, if you fling enough dung against a barn wall, some will stick!

Yes there was some truth to some of the stories that where out there. Exactly what truth there is only the GPGC owners know.

Last news I have from Tex was that the lawyers where representing the club and not a specific person, the police chief sent a squad car to the club to see why they where reopened, they where told the club was closed voluntarily and was reopened to see if there was an interest from the membership to open. I was asked if I was interested in taking the club over either as manager or as a leaser.

I stated that:
    I needed a salary comparable to my present salary to even think about this.
    I needed the sales permit to still be valid.
    I needed to have it clear from the township and the authorities there that they accepted the club under new management.

What was not discussed yet was salary, how the club would be run, and to whom I would report if I was the manager/leaser.

What I was told is the Chief of police was not granting Tex an interview and that the lawyers would look into this. What is not clear at this moment is the overall status of the club.

What I can see here is there are some people who register a name here to start rumors, make one post and watch the reactions. I on behalf of the GPGC would appreciate if this practice stopped.

I ask the management of PAFOA to close this thread and any further discussion on the GPGC can resume on the thread already open at Greater Pittsburgh Gun Club closed?

Thank you all for your patience in this.

R Bernier
    Webmaster for GPGC.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Philadelphia County)

Please do not post unsubstantiated claims about people. This thread is closed. You will only get one warning angelo.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking