Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AK 47 GSAD

Default AK 47 GSAD

Gentleman,

I recently purchased a preban AK 47 with the receiver marked GSAD MAHN. BEA. CA. The research that I have come up with says this was imported by Golden State Arms Distributor, Manhattan Beach California. The gun has no other markings except a faint China stamp on the barrel. Does anyone have any information as to what factory producted this gun? Thanks for any info.

(Chester County)

Default Re: AK 47 GSAD

You might get a faster answer here> www.theakforum.net There were only a few factories building them back then, 386 would be my guess.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    You might get a faster answer here> www.theakforum.net There were only a few factories building them back then, 386 would be my guess.
    My guess too. You picked up a great gun. These were one of the first imported Chimcom AKs in the US.

Post some Pictures!
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

I would post pictures but, I have to admit I don't know how. I have some pictures saved in a pdf format only, can't get them to transfer. Sorry.

1.pdf

2.pdf

4.pdf

7.pdf

8.pdf

Try these, I may have figured it out.

The .pdf's work fine. Great looking rifle!

Most people when posting pictures upload them to a site like photobucket and then just post the link to them here.

(Franklin County)

Being a Noob to Ak/Ar's. What makes the Pre-ban version so special?

Quote Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
    Total build was in a factory, all parts are matching and don't have to worry about our goof-ball laws. I am quiet sure more goof-ball laws are to come. The post ban guns or either pieced together from kits or total American made that has to conform to the aforementioned laws.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
    Add in FALs, SARs, G3s, CETMEs, Sterlings, FAMAS, H&K long-guns, EU AKs and IMI Galils and UZIs, Valmets, et al to your list;
    the long and short of it is that "pre-ban" (pre-Nov 1989) guns can legally have all those evil features we had back then - bayo lugs, PGs, bayos, flash-hiders, folders, hi-caps - REGARDLESS of where the gun was made.
    Thanks to the Bush I/Bennet ban; such evil features are only allowed on domestic-made guns; like the ARs, MSARs, etc.

Thus, with some exceptions for rimfires, foreign-made guns require a certain US-parts content to qualify as "domesticated" enough to allow for bayos, folders, hi-caps, etc. That's why SAIGAs and WASRs are initially brought into the USA as "sporting rifles".

EDIT - another reason for pre-ban desirability (aside from straight-up originality) is that in a few states where the 2A was whited-out of the constitution, the pre-bans are grandfathered in. We don't have such issues here in PA. Yet.
    Last edited by nfafan; October 21st, 2009 at 10:27 PM. Reason: ADD pre-ban state exemption...

[.[/INDENT]
    Thanks to the Bush I/Bennet ban; such evil features are only allowed on domestic-made guns; like the ARs, MSARs, etc.

Amen, things are crazy and getting crazier.
    Noble 229th. Tribute to my bother. Lam Son 719 Invasion into Laos February 1971.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast