Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Question What Experiences have you had OPEN CARRY

I would like to know if anyone has had any BAD experience(s) in PA. I would also like to mention this is my first post to the site I am new. Looking forward to hearing your responses.

(Monroe County)

Cool Re: What Experiences have you had OPEN CARRY

After I posted this I found some post on my question... But I will have to say I have not seen one person say they were harassed or arrested? I did not get my CCW permit just yet.. But in the mean time I want to carry, just doing my homework first.
    When you think, You think you know!

(Cambria County)

Default Re: What Experiences have you had OPEN CARRY

I have not yet OC'd in PA, but I intend to soon; mostly as a means to exercise one of my many rights that seem to be under attack in recent years.

I have been seeking as much information on the subject as I can so that I am prepared to stand strong in the face of those who may seek to oppress my rights. (and so I don't inadvertently do something stupid/illegal)

This site (pafoa.org) has a wealth of information, and there is also a lot to be found at opencarry.org. You may want to check that site for more information also. There is a great little, confidence building, flier there concerning PA firearms law:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum61/3424.html

The good news is that from everything I have seen, OC is A-OK in PA. Aside from tactical/personal preference issues, I suspect you will find little to steer you away from OC.

I am with you though, I would be very interested in hearing horror stories related to OC.

(Luzerne County)

Welcome!

Yes, you'll see numerous open carry journals posted in this section of the forums.
    You'll have to dig for the "horror stories" though because in reality they don't seem to happen very often despite the warnings of the OC nay sayers.

There is one recent one posted at OCDO that happened in my area. Unfortunately the OP has not followed up so the details are a bit limited:
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum46/3148.html

I have OC'd in this exact same locality numerous times without incident.

The only other PA incident fresh on my mind was one that I heard about just last night.
    I was speaking with a Kingston Twp police officer that that I know and he informed me about another local PD has arrested someone for carrying without a license. The person arrested was OC'ing and the offending PD did not know that ss6106 only applied to CC while on foot... Anyway, they were set straight. But there it is for your reading pleasure

the horror stories never seem to happen to the folks who know the law, and are willing to take it to court and fight for their rights... always the ones who roll over and play dead.