Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default Bushwhacker Belly Band Holster?

Does anyone have any experience with these holsters?
    http://www.concealedhandguncarry.com/10.html

If you do I would be very interested in your opinion of the holster as a concealed carry rig.

Thanks,

MIM

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Bushwhacker Belly Band Holster?

Sorry I don't have any experience with belly bands, but out of curiosity, wouldn't clearing the concealment garment be a huge pain in the balls? Am I seeing it wrong or would you hvae to pretty much take your shirt off to draw?
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Amen. **PROUD III**

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kb! Bob View Post
    Sorry I don't have any experience with belly bands, but out of curiosity, wouldn't clearing the concealment garment be a huge pain in the balls? Am I seeing it wrong or would you hvae to pretty much take your shirt off to draw?
    That's what I'm thinking. I've seen other belly band holsters that carry the pistol horizontally and if I had need of that type of holster that's what I'd be going with.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Luzerne County)

That's what I'm thinking. I've seen other belly band holsters that carry the pistol horizontally and if I had need of that type of holster that's what I'd be going with.

Yes, if you wore it as shown in the picture it would be difficult to draw. But, belly bands(though I have limited experience) can be worn from up on the chest, like a shoulder holster, or down on your hips, like an IWB(that's the idea, anyway).

I have a nice galco IWB for every day wear, but was looking for a way to carry when a heavy belt is not in my dress code. It would be slow to draw in my athletic shorts and T-shirt, but much faster than running home to get my gun off of my nightstand....

How do you guys deal with a "beltless" dress code? Thank you for your comments.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by MadeInMissouri View Post

Yes, if you wore it as shown in the picture it would be difficult to draw. But, belly bands(though I have limited experience) can be worn from up on the chest, like a shoulder holster, or down on your hips, like an IWB(that's the idea, anyway).

I have a nice galco IWB for every day wear, but was looking for a way to carry when a heavy belt is not in my dress code. It would be slow to draw in my athletic shorts and T-shirt, but much faster than running home to get my gun off of my nightstand....

How do you guys deal with a "beltless" dress code? Thank you for your comments.
    Oh I see, use it as kind of a "situational" option, not your main method of carry. I can see that, especially preferable to not carrying at all!! I have an airweight snubbie (Smith 642) for when pocket carry is my only option, and I know guys have Kel-Tecs and Ruger LCP's with the factory "clip" on the frame, which they use with basketball shorts and such. Also, although I have never tried one, check out the SmartCarry holster, some guys swear by it.
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Amen. **PROUD III**

Quote Originally Posted by Kb! Bob View Post
    ... wouldn't clearing the concealment garment be a huge pain in the balls? Am I seeing it wrong or would you hvae to pretty much take your shirt off to draw?
    Yes, they are difficult to draw from concealment. I think in certain situations they are great though. The one MIM linked to seems ridiculously overpriced though. There are many companies who make belly band holsters and I can't imagine paying more than $25 bucks for one.

As for use they are perfect for when you are wearing clothes not suited to mounting a regular holster. So, lets say you want to walk the dog in warmer weather wearing running shorts and a t-shirt. How can you carry? Running down to the Wawa on Sunday morning for eggs in your pajamas? If you don't have pants or shorts on that can take a good belt, or are wearing a jacket that can conceal a shoulder rig you are in a tight spot. The belly band fills this niche quite well. It also does a great job of letting you carry almost anything. Most come with two or more pockets of different sizes and they really can swallow up anything. I have carried a .32 and a full size 1911 in the belly band.

I would say get one, but save the money and pick up a cheaper model. Here's one for 15 bucks from Cheaper than Dirt. I got mine from a gun show for ten bucks.

Hmmm, I might need to start considering one of these as an alternate carry rig.

LOL @ the CTD description: "Slims your profile and conceals your handgun at the same time, double win!"