Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default gun shops in Allegheny County..

Seems theres been a few threads latley talking about great little gun shops, just not anywhere near me. I dont know of any great shops around here. Sportsmans warehouse is about 2.5miles from me, they are great to have for all reloading supplies, pretty much if u need it they'll have it for working on guns so it comes in handy, but I hate buying from them and if I dont have to I dont, even if its spending a few extra bucks. I get alot from big bucks sports shop, alot of people hate them but they've always been nice to me. Gave me $21 off my glock because i bought it on my 21st b-day, and they usually have atleast a few guns to drool over. have had a USAS-12, some rare sig right now for almost 13K. got my glock, 340pd, 45-70, and my new breacher off them, which could explain why when I walk in they are nice to me, and .. stopped at the new dunhams on McKnight yesterday, that was a waste of 5min.

Does anyone know if blueline in Cannonsburg is still open? It was owned by 2 real nice cops, but that was before I moved to SC for school, and it didnt seem like they where gonna beable to make it unfortunately.

also maybe if we can keep this thread crankin along we can post good buys at the local shops, and stories of them trying to get one over on you(like the Taurus PT1911 at sportsman's warehouse for $650 "because we can")

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: gun shops in Allegheny County..

XD,

I remembered a similar question from not long ago...
    here's a link to check out.

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/shops-20/...-question.html
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

XD,

There is or was a shop on Neville Island. That's not far from sportsman's warehouse. Can't remember the name but I think I found them on Davidsons' site. Only been there once and never bought anything there.

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Re: gun shops in Allegheny County..

POWELL GUNS on frankstown road in penn hills. small shop, alot of stock, both new and used. good to deal with.

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Koli01 View Post
    XD,

There is or was a shop on Neville Island. That's not far from sportsman's warehouse. Can't remember the name but I think I found them on Davidsons' site. Only been there once and never bought anything there.
    I actually called them a few months ago -- they were open. Island Firearms, I think is what they were called. I didn't go visit them, because Ace had exactly what I wanted.

I just happened across a place called Federal Firearms out in Oakdale a few weeks ago -- not a big selection, but pretty eclectic. Worth a look-see. Kind of in the middle of nowhere, but not far from I-79. Got the sense that the place had always been there, if you know what I mean.

I also like the selection at Sportsman's Warehouse, but if you don't want to buy from a big box place, that's up to you.

There's a place up on US 422 East of New Castle....can't remember the name. There is also a place on US 19 in Zelienople....
    Last edited by Johannes_Paulsen; July 12th, 2007 at 09:56 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Bravermans in Wilkinsburg always seems to have great prices and pretty good selection for a small store. Ive purchased one or two guns there. Good people too, but its been about 4 years since i was last there.

Shooters bench in west deer has some good prices, but not a very wide selection.

I highly recommend sportsman's supply on 356 in butler...its not allegheny, but a great shop.

I'm not a fan of big buck's in wexford.....way overpriced. Decent selection though.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

i've def. got to make a trip to sportsmans supply, looks like a great shop.... my fav. shop is probably ace.

I think big bucks puts out spies since sportsmans warehouse opened, they are always a bit cheaper these days, sportsmans warehouse set them straight i think they had to many years being the only gun shop so it got to their heads, but sportsmans warehouse made them snap outta that phase... i got my glock for $535($15 cheaper), they've also got their marlin lever actions for 20-30cheaper, and you can get .45winchester FMJ for 18.99, always just a tad cheaper

(Allegheny County)

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Re: gun shops in Allegheny County..

Anthony Arms is MOST excellent, and about the only NON-box off 51 in the South Hills. I've done a LOT of bidness with 'em lately; I've bought from them, and had other items shipped to them, & they're always friendly to chat with, KNOW their stuff, and have a B-I-G selection in stock.

They also have an indoor pistol range, which is FANTASTIC for us city slickers, with extended business AND range hours, for those of us who can't get FROM anywhere TOO anywhere in this ^%&^$%$@$^##&$^%(&%^(^&* city & it's &(*&^*$%#$$%#@@#$%&^) streets & roads.

THAT SAID... please be aware, that they NO LONGER ship your firearm being sold, to another FFL for you - AT any PRICE! They will receive your ORDER of firearm(s), but will NOT ship YOURS, to another! The staff told me, THEY weren't even sure why, but probably a liability headache the owner simply doesn't want to deal with anymore.

If you DO need that service (as I recently did), I CAN wholeheartedly recommend Gander Mountain though, behind Wally World & Century III Mall. For a box store, the folks are GREAT to work with (their .22 ammo is overpriced, though...), and I picked up a BARGAIN used S&W 1911 in SS the other day - $100 LESS than a used BLUED model over at ACE in Washington!!!

Bob

(Westmoreland County)

I buy most of my guns online and have GRoPA do the transfer. No sales tax and a much better price on guns $500 and up. I have yet to find a gun store that delivers even adequate service(for me). I have bought from many of the stores mentioned in this thread and was unimpressed.

Bravermans laughed me out of the store when I asked questions about a hunting shotgun. The guy behind the counter said that they were not "that" kind of gun store. I have bought two guns from them.

I had some gunsmithing done at Anthony. They would not accept a credit card for the service and refused to give me a receipt. Shady.

I bought my first gun at Powells and when I asked him to show me how to disassemble it, he told me that I didn't need to disassemble it. I went back and asked again and he tried to sell me a can of foaming gun cleaner. Still insisted that I didn't need to disassemble it.

I guess the moral of my story is that if you have bought from a store and gotten good service, then your experience is the best indicator of where you should go.
    VEGETARIAN: Native American word meaning "bad hunter"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast