Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default Went looking for a stoeger cougar

Since the one thread ,I been looking for a stoeger cougar. No one seems to have one around here. I don't like buying a gun unless I can put it in my hands first. I went to gander mountain this morning. I saw a Used browning in 40 S & w that Liked. At least I liked the way it looked. Single action only and rear sights. Nice looking gun. Than the clerk showed me a Cz 40 p ,40 S & w. It's a new gun and the browing was used, with not too many rounds put throw it. They both were 399.99. I am gonna have to have a serious talk with Santa and put the CZ on my wish list.l I liked the way it felt and the adjustable sights and double action sold it more.
    In God We Trust............................

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Went looking for a stoeger cougar

On the earlier thread I posted for info. on the Cougar in SE PA. Only one response,a place called Tanners(which I'm not familar with). I'm like yoy-it can sound great but you need to actually put the thing in your hand.
    Tim

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by ironhorse View Post
    Since the one thread ,I been looking for a stoeger cougar. No one seems to have one around here. I don't like buying a gun unless I can put it in my hands first. I went to gander mountain this morning. I saw a Used browning in 40 S & w that Liked. At least I liked the way it looked. Single action only and rear sights. Nice looking gun. Than the clerk showed me a Cz 40 p ,40 S & w. It's a new gun and the browing was used, with not too many rounds put throw it. They both were 399.99. I am gonna have to have a serious talk with Santa and put the CZ on my wish list.l I liked the way it felt and the adjustable sights and double action sold it more.
    Take a look at my avatar.............what do you think I carry? Seriously if you can still find a CZ 40P , buy one, it is very limited production gun. I bought mine because it was cheap (299) , but boy was I suprised, It is a great carry piece. The only drawback is like most CZ's it has a "gritty" trigger feel right from the box. A snap cap and a few thousand dry( or live) fires will solve that.

The frame is the same as the P01,a decocker made of aircraft aluminum. The slide came from the CZ 40-B , Colt Z40 fiiasco.
    Basically Colt partnered with CZ to produce the Colt Z-40 . Then Colt backed out leaving CZ with all of these already manufactured 40 S&W slides. The Checzs being a frugal bunch, married the Z-40 slide to the P01 frames and the CZ40P was born.
    You would think a Franken-gun would be a dud. The opposite is true. With the rubber grips it just feels perfect in your hand. It almost points itself. It is the most accurate gun I own. More than a nine, less than a 45........felt recoil Perfect.

And as a side note it fits perfectly in holsters made for the Ruger P97, who woulda thunk.
    Last edited by cz_40p; July 14th, 2007 at 08:42 AM. Reason: clarity
    Ruger P345 (45ACP)
    Colt Trooper (.357 Mag)
    CZ 40 P (40S&W)
    CZ 100 (9 MM)
    TZ 75 (9MM)
    Bersa Thunder 380 (.380)
    Ruger Mark II (.22)
    Heritage Arms Rough Rider (.22)
    (2)Phoenix Arms HP22 (.22)

(Franklin County)

You might try a gun show. The last two gun shows I've been to had quite a few of them. Seemed like every other table had one.