Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Welcome Erie County Gun Owners

hey all. i just got my LTCF on Wed. Anyway with the weather being better I was thinking about OC'ing because I really don't have any summer clothes that will cover it up. Does anyone ever OC in Erie, County and if so do you get alot of nagative encounters?

I know a few people that carry here in the city but they never OC. Any advice would help out alot. Thanks

I really only OC on my own property.

(Erie County)

ya that seems to be the thing. i have never seen anyone OC in Erie. I dont want to chance the drama if i dont know of any OC's here.

I've heard, O/C is really not a welcomed sight up in the city. I guess folks and LEO's get a bit antsy.

I live in Union City, where its never an issue. Folks actually congregate in the local hardware store showing off their new hunting firearms.

When I redid my shotty, they asked to see it up there. Walked right down Main Street, shotty in hand and nobody batted an eyelash.

Truthfully, my German Shepherd gets more play and looks than any of my O/C guns.

(Erie County)

Proud Owner, I OC almost everywhere I go. I even OC to the Erie County Court House, as long as you use Common Sense, you should never have a problem. The only place I don't OC, I CC at the millcreek mall, cause I don't want to be asked to leave, But I have OC'd into JCPenneys, and a few stores around the outside of the Main Mall. any place you aren't sure about send me a PM.

(Erie County)

thats outstanding. thanks man. i CC'd to the courthouse this morning. the LEO's were awsome and very profesional about it.the officer from the sherrifs office checked my weapon in and out and actually B.S.'d with me about my laser sight for a couple of min. I think im worried more about the LEO's as far as OCing. I know my laws well thanks to all these great people and resources on here. im worried that some LEO doesnt know the law and i dont exactly have the thousands of dollars to defend myself in court.

(Erie County)

Hi all of you from NW Pa. I live in Millcreek in the Lakewood area. I am a Navy Vet,NRA member, Walnut Creek Rifle Club member, Grandfather of 10. I am mostly interested in sporting rifles and some Milsurps. I try to go to the range at least once a wk. I am always looking for a safe shooting buddy and can take guests. 760 Rem 30.06, Rem 700 30.06, Stevens 308, Savage 22.250, 2 303 Brits, 8mm Mauser, Mosin 91/30, Win & Marlin 30.30, several 22s. I am an ex Boilermaker but was retired due to severe Rheumatoid Arthritis. Used to be an avid hunter but haven't hunted since my Dad had several strokes so I mostly bench shoot now. I am considering getting back into hunting. I would like to see PAFOA people from the Erie area get together. Maybe an introduction dinner or something like that.

"SHOOT SAFETLY"

Quote Originally Posted by dteed4094 View Post
    Hi all of you from NW Pa. I live in Millcreek in the Lakewood area. I am a Navy Vet,NRA member, Walnut Creek Rifle Club member, Grandfather of 10. I am mostly interested in sporting rifles and some Milsurps. I try to go to the range at least once a wk. I am always looking for a safe shooting buddy and can take guests. 760 Rem 30.06, Rem 700 30.06, Stevens 308, Savage 22.250, 2 303 Brits, 8mm Mauser, Mosin 91/30, Win & Marlin 30.30, several 22s. I am an ex Boilermaker but was retired due to severe Rheumatoid Arthritis. Used to be an avid hunter but haven't hunted since my Dad had several strokes so I mostly bench shoot now. I am considering getting back into hunting. I would like to see PAFOA people from the Erie area get together. Maybe an introduction dinner or something like that.

"SHOOT SAFETLY"
    I will probably run into you at Walnut Creek Rifle Club some time. I am usually there shooting pistol on Wednesday evenings.
    Jules

(Erie County)

Smile Re: Welcome Erie County Gun Owners

Just posting a "hello!" to everyone in the Erie area. After long and careful consideration I recently decided to purchase my first firearm, for home defense. I take the responsibility of owning a firearm very seriously- and that being said I've very much enjoyed the training and practice time I've had with it so far. The gun is a Remington 870 Tactical 12-gauge shotgun. I look forward to continuing to learn how to use it safely and effectively. Hopefully, I will never need to use it- but I am very grateful to live in a country where we do have the right to possess such a weapon in order to protect ourselves. We should never take such a right for granted. Anyway, just saying "hello" to you veteran firearm owners out there, I look forward to being a part of this community.

You just made your first mistake. Now, you're going to be buying a gun in case "this" or "that" happens! And now you're going to be spending all your free time talking to us and reading this forum! Pretty soon you'll have enough stuff to be labeled by the media as one of those "gun nuts who hoard ammo"!

(Jokes aside) Welcome! I encourage you to read the forum, search search and search some more, and have fun! And always, stay safe

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast