Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Welcome Erie County Gun Owners

I joined WCRC a 3 yr. ago after a bad experience a SGL. I was down range checking targets and an idiot started shooting at the 25 yd range. Havent been close to the place since. I am very confident at WCRC that it is a relatively safe Range. The members are friendly and helpful for the most part. They have a membership dinner in mid March. free to attend and a gun raffle for entertainment. They also have a lot of door prizes. The Walnut Creek Rifle Club is one of Erie county's oldest gun ranges.
    It is located at 6574 West Ridge Rd in Fairview, PA between Bear creek and Manchester. The club is private. The outdoor ranges are open to members from 7:00 AM until dusk. The indoor range is open Tuesday nights in the winter months from 6:00PM - 8:00PM.
    at The Clubhouse at the Walnut Creek Rifle Club
    There are various ranges for Rifles, Shotguns and Pistols.

The WCRC in cooperation with the PA Game Commission presents three hunter education courses annually.

Social Membership applications for the WCRC are available at the clubhouse and on this website.

All applicants are required to be sponsored by an existing member, unless the applicant is an NRA member, or active military.

If an applicant does not have a sponsor, they need to attend a member meeting for an interview. Member meetings are held on the second Thursday of each month at 7PM sharp in the club house.

Yearly dues range from $25 to $40 depending on age.

http://walnutcreekrifleclub.com/

(Erie County)

new to the site and fairly new to guns my oldest boy turned 12 last year and his mom encouraged him to take the safty corse so he could hunt with his "father" but they got in to a disagreement so i was ellected to tahe him hunting. having not had anything to do with hunting for 25 + yrs i had a lot to refresh. i did ask my brother what we should get as starter guns he sugested going to gander mountian and seeing what they had used.. i took his advice and ended up with a single shot 20ga for small game, about 2 wks larter went to a friends estate auction and go a 22 single shot bolt . now we both had a gun for small game. on haloween we took the kids tric or treating to there "fathers" parents ad they let him barrow a 30/30 for deer season. i did barrow a 30/30 from my dad for the first week but picked up a mosin 91/30 for the second week of deer.(did not get any but did see some) sence we have added a mosin m44 and a 22/20ga interchangeable . we do not have a place to shoot on a regular bases yet but there are 3 ranges near by. corry rod and gun. spring creek , and sparty. just to much snow right now to practice out sde.

(Erie County)

My name's Casey.New to the forum living in Erie. 10 years Army Infantry followed by working mobile security for Dyncorp in Afghanistan.Just ended that job and just accepted another in Iraq this time.Been shooting my whole life small caliber to large,it doesn't matter.

(Erie County)

Welcome to the forum Casey. Hope you don't have to shoot defensively but if you do, 1S1K.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by dteed4094 View Post
    Welcome to the forum Casey. Hope you don't have to shoot defensively but if you do, 1S1K.
    Thank you.It's good to be here.Wish I had known of this forum a long time ago.

(Erie County)

I moved to Erie county about 3 months ago and I`m ready to submit my application for a CC permit and I`m not sure if I have to take a photo of myself along with my application to the sheriff`s office or not. Any help will be appreciated.

(Erie County)

Smile Re: Welcome Erie County Gun Owners

Steelerfan671; No you do not need a picture. You do need $20.00 cash,Three references and ID. The Sheriffs office is in the court house on west 6th.streetYou can save a little time and print a copy of the application from the county Government website.

(Erie County)

Heck, you can print it right off this site!
    http://www.eriecountygov.org/dept/sh...ECLTC10_08.pdf

It's actually a LTCF, (License To Carry Firearms) but it's listed as CCW on our own PAFOA!
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

(Erie County)

It's $26 and you'll need the Names, Address, Phone numbers of your refrences. Your drivers liscence or any official photo ID will do.

hey guys, I am living in Erie PA while I attend school and Penn State Behrend. Looking for a place in erie I can shoot my pistol when I get it next month.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast