Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: High School?

(Dauphin County)

Default High School?

Sorry, not really a gun question ... but we're moving to the area this summer from State College, my daughter will be starting 9th grade.

We've identified two High Schools, Central Dauphin or Cumberland Valley. Any thoughts which is better?

Now for a gun question ... what's a good private gun club? I'm mostly interested in rifle shooting.
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: High School?

both CD and CV are excellent schools...

gun clubs on both side and all around...

www.harrisburghunters.org
    www.westshoresportsmen.org

those are the 2 larger more prominant clubs in the area i have been in the past a member at both, HHA is large and has many ranges aswell a nice pond ..

last time i was at WSSA, a few years now, it wasnt as big but they were growing fast and adding ranges by the month...
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Dauphin County)

Thanks. We're coming up to check on the schools ... I'll break off and check out the ranges!
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’

(Dauphin County)

Agree with the above - both are solid public high schools.

Cumberland Valley might be a bit larger in terms of square footage and number of kids per graduating class.

I also think that that you might get a lot more choices in housing in the CV school district than the CD (due to the fact that CV's school district covers a larger geographic area, I believe), but the taxes may be a little higher on the CV side.

In any case, good luck with your choice -- should be in good shape either way.