Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Somerset County)

Default Northern Somerset Co Ranges?

Hey y'all, after being spoiled attending a few of the PGH PAFOA Group Shoots at PMSC we're looking for some local facilities to practice at. Petra and I are currently members at the Shade Sportsmen's Club (Cairnbrook) but they only have two rifle lanes (50/100 yd) and indoor .22. We're looking for handgun and rifle ranges - some steel plates for handgun would be nice too (or even other active shooting). What's available within a short distance of Cairnbrook/Central City?

Bill and Petra

(Somerset County)

Default Re: Northern Somerset Co Ranges?

not sure what you are looking for or where you are exactly.

Right now we are shooting leagues at different ranges in the area. These are rifle mostly. There is a bench league in Jerome at Jerome Sportsmen Range, Saturday evening range open at 5:30 shoot starts at 6:30 we will shoot 6 more weeks of this than do an offhand league using an a32 target.

We shoot the a32 at Ferndale Sportsmen on friday night at 7:00

I run a small league Offhand Rifle at The Somerset Sportsman Range in Somerset A32 target here also sight in at 4:00 shoot at 5:00. We also shoot Bullseye Pistol on Mondays at 7:00

There are outdoor ranges in the area, the nicest is TireHill Rod and Gun.

If you would like any other information or directions please leave me know.

dave

(Somerset County)

Quote Originally Posted by shtrdave View Post
    not sure what you are looking for or where you are exactly.

Right now we are shooting leagues at different ranges in the area. These are rifle mostly. There is a bench league in Jerome at Jerome Sportsmen Range, Saturday evening range open at 5:30 shoot starts at 6:30 we will shoot 6 more weeks of this than do an offhand league using an a32 target.

We shoot the a32 at Ferndale Sportsmen on friday night at 7:00

I run a small league Offhand Rifle at The Somerset Sportsman Range in Somerset A32 target here also sight in at 4:00 shoot at 5:00. We also shoot Bullseye Pistol on Mondays at 7:00

There are outdoor ranges in the area, the nicest is TireHill Rod and Gun.

If you would like any other information or directions please leave me know.

dave
    Thanks for the info Dave ... and welcome to PAFOA!

I'm not really looking for any league shooting, just someplace to practice with handgun and rifle. I'd love an active shooting environment like the "shoot house" at PMSC. Combat ranges for handguns (7 yds and up) of .38 to .45 cal and a rifle range from 50 to 200 yards for up to .300 win mag and .45/70.

(Dauphin County)

I am also looking for ranges in Northern Somerset or Southern Cambria county. Not anything formal, but just to practice with my handguns and a rifle I will be picking up from my father-in-law.

I was reassigned to Johnstown, but ended up finding a place to rent in the country side of northern Somerset County.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOULD, Circuit Judge, concurring:
    Second, the right to bear arms is a protection against the possibility that even our own government could degenerate into tyranny, and though this may seem unlikely, this possibility should be guarded against with individual diligence.

(Somerset County)

I assume you work near the airport in Jtown, Daisytown sportsmen is just up the road.

It is located on Fulmar road, from airport turn left, then left at stop, go about a mile, pass cemetary and make left, club access is just down over the hill on right. Yellow gate.

(Dauphin County)

Actually I am taking over the command of the Army Recruiting Station in the Galleria lol, but thanks!
    Second, the right to bear arms is a protection against the possibility that even our own government could degenerate into tyranny, and though this may seem unlikely, this possibility should be guarded against with individual diligence.

(Somerset County)

Holsopple has a sportsmens club, with an outdoor range and I think a fishing pond, I have never been there but remember driving by it a few times. I believe it on the Ridge Road, on the left as driving from Holsopple.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by shtrdave View Post
    Holsopple has a sportsmens club, with an outdoor range and I think a fishing pond, I have never been there but remember driving by it a few times. I believe it on the Ridge Road, on the left as driving from Hollsopple.
    Ooooh, I may have to find that. That's the best information I have received all day long! (It's 8:00 AM )

(Somerset County)

Berlin also has an outdoor range at their sportsman club if you care to drive just a bit more south. I use it frequently in good weather and like it because I've never shot there yet when anyone else was around. It's just a 50 yd and 100 yd rifle range, but they are ok with me setting up my portable target holder for shooting pistols.
    NRA Benefactor

(Somerset County)

Quote Originally Posted by Coustain View Post
    Actually I am taking over the command of the Army Recruiting Station in the Galleria lol, but thanks!
    Congrats on the command and thanks for serving! I'm moving back into the area full time so we may get to cross paths at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kempo View Post
    Berlin also has an outdoor range at their sportsman club if you care to drive just a bit more south. I use it frequently in good weather and like it because I've never shot there yet when anyone else was around. It's just a 50 yd and 100 yd rifle range, but they are ok with me setting up my portable target holder for shooting pistols.
    Kempo, can you give me any additional info on Berlin? (in post or PM) I'm near Central City and Berlin would be a reasonable distance. Shade Sportsman's doesn't have much to offer: 1 - 50 yd and 1 - 100 yd lane, limited shooting hours, and a fishing pond.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast