Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 74 of 86 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    I know you well enough to know that your mention of, 'merely,' was in reference to the disposition of the State, as opposed to a personal opinion. I'd imagine that some folks could take it a certain kind of way.
    Correct.

I respect that people have fur babies, and my comment was of factual nature of law.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Monroe County)

Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

Hello everyone. I'm looking for some clarification on a question I have regarding open carry without a permit.

I recently sent my license application sent into the sheriff's office, but with a newborn baby in today world, I'd like to open carry in the meantime.

I'll walk through a scenario where I'd like to open carry and hopefully you guys can help me

Monday morning I decide to take my dogs for a walk through my neighborhood. No use of a vehicle of any kind. Foot travel only.

Monday evening, my wife and I need to go get groceries. Pistol is in the trunk, secured via rope lock. Ammunition Ammunition is up front in the glove box or center console. Arrive at the store, unlock, put in visible side holster.

My question arises from the vagueness of this excerpt I pulled from the law:

§ 6106. Firearms not to be carried without a license.

(b) Exceptions.--The provisions of subsection (a) shall not apply to:

"(8) Any person while carrying a firearm which is not loaded and is in a secure wrapper from the place of purchase to his home or place of business, or to a place of repair, sale or appraisal or back to his home or place of business, or in moving from

[one place of abode or business to another]

or from his home to a vacation or recreational home or dwelling or back, or to recover stolen property under section
    6111.1(b)(4) (relating to Pennsylvania State Police), or to a place of instruction intended to teach the safe handling, use
    or maintenance of firearms or back or to a location to which the person has been directed to relinquish firearms under 23
    Pa.C.S. § 6108 (relating to relief) or back upon return of the relinquished firearm or to a licensed dealer's place of......."

I'm sorry for the long post. I'm just wanting to understand if I'm staying within the law.

(Berks County)

No license no car except bring home and go to range.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    No license no car except bring home and go to range.
    ^^^ this^^^

Monday morning scenario is perfectly legal. Monday evening scenario is a no go.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    ^^^ this^^^

Monday morning scenario is perfectly legal. Monday evening scenario is a no go.

Unless of course you own, or are employed by, the grocery store!
    I just had to muddy the water
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Unless of course you own, or are employed by, the grocery store!
    I just had to muddy the water
    There's case law that limits that exception to YOUR business. Not "your employer's business". A business that you own. The way "your house" and "your car" doesn't refer to a place where you're a guest, or a car that you caught a ride in.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Luzerne County)

Can any one tell me, are libraries off limits to ccw or carry in general. I've searched but can't find any information. Thanks
    Last edited by gdc; March 7th, 2017 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Spelling

(Indiana County)

Not off limits by law, and unless they're privately-owned, preemption prohibits them from making themselves off-limits.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Not off limits by law, and unless they're privately-owned, preemption prohibits them from making themselves off-limits.
    Thanks for getting back so fast.

(Jefferson County)

A library typically falls under municipal ownership(there are exceptions). And with that Erie ruling, a municipality could fall back on Trespass laws to keep people from carrying there.

So, if it isn't posted - keep it concealed and nobody will have issues.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 74 of 86 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast