Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 78 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879808182 ... LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

i know this is an old thread and i have just one question. i see the law where it says i may be present in or on a school or its property with a conceal permit, but does this also allow me to enter even though there are signs with no firearms allowed and metal detectors present at the school?

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by svital123 View Post
    i know this is an old thread and i have just one question. i see the law where it says i may be present in or on a school or its property with a conceal permit, but does this also allow me to enter even though there are signs with no firearms allowed and metal detectors present at the school?
    Trespass would certainly apply in such a situation and I would highly avoid carrying. Since you would in fact violate Defiant Trespass(S1 violation), you would in turn likely face the violation of school property(M1 violation) on top of that.

While there is preemption, municipalities(school districts are a municipality) are allowed to regulate their property under Trespass.

Hell, even with the present Superior Court ruling, you can still be arrested and forced to articulate a lawful purpose. Which with an anti-gun judge or jury, depending on if you go with a bench or jury trial - you could be facing 5 years. And even if you won, that would open the door for the DA to create a new appeal process up to the PA Supreme Court.

Avoid carrying where there are signs/metal detectors.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lancaster County)

Thoughts on this sign? The school aspect had me worried but carried without any issue
    http://i.imgur.com/qK7xPJO.jpg
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    Thoughts on this sign? The school aspect had me worried but carried without any issue
    http://i.imgur.com/qK7xPJO.jpg
    Such signs still hold authority under Trespass. Property owners can regulate their property.

If you saw the sign, you have been put on notice and summary Trespass is enforceable. While Title 18, Chapter 9, Subchapter 912 wouldn't apply if you have your LTCF - Trespass would still apply.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Such signs still hold authority under Trespass. Property owners can regulate their property.

If you saw the sign, you have been put on notice and summary Trespass is enforceable. While Title 18, Chapter 9, Subchapter 912 wouldn't apply if you have your LTCF - Trespass would still apply.
    Ok thanks, guess that is a little better on my mind than carrying on school property.

PA parks/forests still confuse me. NJ has state forests and county forests, but no privately owned forest open for hiking.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    Ok thanks, guess that is a little better on my mind than carrying on school property.

PA parks/forests still confuse me. NJ has state forests and county forests, but no privately owned forest open for hiking.
    In regards to PA State Parks - the DNCR, or whomever regulates them, only recognizes concealed carry with a LTCF. State law was amended so that departmental regulations couldn't affect carrying, but the DNCR doesn't think it applies to them.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    In regards to PA State Parks - the DNCR, or whomever regulates them, only recognizes concealed carry with a LTCF. State law was amended so that departmental regulations couldn't affect carrying, but the DNCR doesn't think it applies to them.
    Got it, I have a NH LTCF so I should be good.

(Philadelphia County)

Thank you so much for that long information, it helps me a lot

(Cambria County)

If I have a ltcf can i carry concealed in a vehicle? loaded?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell2511 View Post
    If I have a ltcf can i carry concealed in a vehicle? loaded?
    Yes. Yes.

Page 78 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879808182 ... LastLast