Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 79 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980818283 ... LastLast

Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell2511 View Post
    If I have a ltcf can i carry concealed in a vehicle? loaded?
    If it's "your" LTCF, and you're not a prohibited person, and you're not in a gun-free zone, and you're within PA or a state that explicitly recognizes a PA LTCF, and you're not up to some nefarious conduct . . . then probably yes.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

I have to admit, I did not read through each of the 79 pages of this thread, so I this may have been addressed already.

Are there any differences in where you can carry with a PA issued LTCF versus a LCTF issued by another state when PA recognizes reciprocity? I am a resident of Maryland and it is almost impossible to acquire a MD carry permit. So, I cannot get a non-resident PA LTCF because it requires that you have a license in your home state. However, I do have a non-resident New Hampshire LTCF and PA recognizes reciprocity with New Hampshire. So my question is, with my New Hampshire non-resident permit can I carry in PA anywhere that a PA resident with a PA LTCF would carry, or are there additional restrictions placed on non-resident permits?

Any info that you folks could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

**UPDATE** Just found an active thread about this very topic. Please disregard.
    Last edited by sontavas; March 14th, 2018 at 10:40 AM.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by sontavas View Post
    I have to admit, I did not read through each of the 79 pages of this thread, so I this may have been addressed already.

Are there any differences in where you can carry with a PA issued LTCF versus a LCTF issued by another state when PA recognizes reciprocity? I am a resident of Maryland and it is almost impossible to acquire a MD carry permit. So, I cannot get a non-resident PA LTCF because it requires that you have a license in your home state. However, I do have a non-resident New Hampshire LTCF and PA recognizes reciprocity with New Hampshire. So my question is, with my New Hampshire non-resident permit can I carry in PA anywhere that a PA resident with a PA LTCF would carry, or are there additional restrictions placed on non-resident permits?

Any info that you folks could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

**UPDATE** Just found an active thread about this very topic. Please disregard.
    The only place you couldn't carry would be within 1000ft of a K-12 grade school. Federal law only recognizes licenses issued by the state in which the school is located for exemption of the 1000ft public domain school zone.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Montgomery County)

I didn't read all 79 pages either. I bought a Springfield 'Saint' AR pistol. (Looks like a rifle, but isn't. https://www.springfield-armory.com/p...5-pistol-5-56/ ) I intend to carry it in a locked container in my trunk. As a 'pistol' do I have to store the loaded mags and boxed ammo in a separate locked or unlocked container in the trunk? Thanks in advance for your comments.
    Last edited by Univ of Saigon 68; April 16th, 2018 at 07:38 PM. Reason: kant spel

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Univ of Saigon 68 View Post
    I didn't read all 79 pages either. I bought a Springfield 'Saint' AR pistol. (Looks like a rifle, but isn't. https://www.springfield-armory.com/p...5-pistol-5-56/ ) I intend to carry it in a locked container in my trunk. As a 'pistol' do I have to store the loaded mags and boxed ammo in a separate locked or unlocked contained in the trunk? Thanks in advance for your comments.
    Do you have a LTCF?
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Do you have a LTCF?
    Yes. Sorry I failed to mention that.

(Luzerne County)

its ny understanding with a PA permit you can carry anything loaded in vehicle.

(Lycoming County)

Yes. Sorry I failed to mention that.
    Your fine to have it either loaded or have the mags stored with it, or both. It's a pistol technically, so your ltcf covers you.

Quote Originally Posted by svital123 View Post
    No, you can carry a pistol or SBR loaded with a LTCF. Long guns are a no go even with the LTCF.

(Warren County)

I didn't read all 79 pages either. I bought a Springfield 'Saint' AR pistol. (Looks like a rifle, but isn't. https://www.springfield-armory.com/p...5-pistol-5-56/ ) I intend to carry it in a locked container in my trunk. As a 'pistol' do I have to store the loaded mags and boxed ammo in a separate locked or unlocked container in the trunk? Thanks in advance for your comments.
    I have had good success using a metal toolbox with a hasp and padlock. Getting a long enough lock allows you to add a chain that can be bolted down or looped around a structural member.

Another way to go is with camouflage. I use a tennis racket bag.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by svital123 View Post
    No. You cannot carry loaded rifles or shotguns in, on, or upon a vehicle.

An AR pistol is just that, a pistol - legally no different from a S&W snubnosed revolver.

A PA LTCF covers "firearms" = handguns with barrels under 15", rifles with barrels under 16" or overall length under 26", shotguns with barrels under 18" or overall length under 26", or any gun under 26" overall length.

NOTE: with the rifles with barrels under 16" or overall length under 26", and shotguns with barrels under 18" or overall length under 26" - NFA rules apply.

Now, a LTCF does cover "rifles" and "shotgun"(think the full sized guns) in a City of First Class(Philthy) or during a declared state of emergency - BUT you can still cant have them loaded in a vehicle.

Page 79 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980818283 ... LastLast