Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 79 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980 LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 795
  1. #781
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bucks, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,986
    Rep Power
    21474859

    Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell2511 View Post
    If I have a ltcf can i carry concealed in a vehicle? loaded?
    If it's "your" LTCF, and you're not a prohibited person, and you're not in a gun-free zone, and you're within PA or a state that explicitly recognizes a PA LTCF, and you're not up to some nefarious conduct . . . then probably yes.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Thanks to all who attended my Firearms Law Workshops this year!

  2. #782
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Monrovia, Maryland
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

    I have to admit, I did not read through each of the 79 pages of this thread, so I this may have been addressed already.

    Are there any differences in where you can carry with a PA issued LTCF versus a LCTF issued by another state when PA recognizes reciprocity? I am a resident of Maryland and it is almost impossible to acquire a MD carry permit. So, I cannot get a non-resident PA LTCF because it requires that you have a license in your home state. However, I do have a non-resident New Hampshire LTCF and PA recognizes reciprocity with New Hampshire. So my question is, with my New Hampshire non-resident permit can I carry in PA anywhere that a PA resident with a PA LTCF would carry, or are there additional restrictions placed on non-resident permits?

    Any info that you folks could provide would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks.

    **UPDATE** Just found an active thread about this very topic. Please disregard.
    Last edited by sontavas; March 14th, 2018 at 10:40 AM.

  3. #783
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Brookville, Pennsylvania
    (Jefferson County)
    Age
    45
    Posts
    18,284
    Rep Power
    21474866

    Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

    Quote Originally Posted by sontavas View Post
    I have to admit, I did not read through each of the 79 pages of this thread, so I this may have been addressed already.

    Are there any differences in where you can carry with a PA issued LTCF versus a LCTF issued by another state when PA recognizes reciprocity? I am a resident of Maryland and it is almost impossible to acquire a MD carry permit. So, I cannot get a non-resident PA LTCF because it requires that you have a license in your home state. However, I do have a non-resident New Hampshire LTCF and PA recognizes reciprocity with New Hampshire. So my question is, with my New Hampshire non-resident permit can I carry in PA anywhere that a PA resident with a PA LTCF would carry, or are there additional restrictions placed on non-resident permits?

    Any info that you folks could provide would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks.

    **UPDATE** Just found an active thread about this very topic. Please disregard.
    The only place you couldn't carry would be within 1000ft of a K-12 grade school. Federal law only recognizes licenses issued by the state in which the school is located for exemption of the 1000ft public domain school zone.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa.

  4. #784
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Lansdale, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

    I didn't read all 79 pages either. I bought a Springfield 'Saint' AR pistol. (Looks like a rifle, but isn't. https://www.springfield-armory.com/p...5-pistol-5-56/ ) I intend to carry it in a locked container in my trunk. As a 'pistol' do I have to store the loaded mags and boxed ammo in a separate locked or unlocked container in the trunk? Thanks in advance for your comments.
    Last edited by Univ of Saigon 68; April 16th, 2018 at 07:38 PM. Reason: kant spel

  5. #785
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Brookville, Pennsylvania
    (Jefferson County)
    Age
    45
    Posts
    18,284
    Rep Power
    21474866

    Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

    Quote Originally Posted by Univ of Saigon 68 View Post
    I didn't read all 79 pages either. I bought a Springfield 'Saint' AR pistol. (Looks like a rifle, but isn't. https://www.springfield-armory.com/p...5-pistol-5-56/ ) I intend to carry it in a locked container in my trunk. As a 'pistol' do I have to store the loaded mags and boxed ammo in a separate locked or unlocked contained in the trunk? Thanks in advance for your comments.
    Do you have a LTCF?
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa.

  6. #786
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Lansdale, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

    Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Do you have a LTCF?
    Yes. Sorry I failed to mention that.

  7. #787
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    wilkes barre, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

    its ny understanding with a PA permit you can carry anything loaded in vehicle.

  8. #788
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    jersey shore, Pennsylvania
    (Lycoming County)
    Posts
    4,007
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

    Quote Originally Posted by Univ of Saigon 68 View Post
    Yes. Sorry I failed to mention that.
    Your fine to have it either loaded or have the mags stored with it, or both. It's a pistol technically, so your ltcf covers you.

    Quote Originally Posted by svital123 View Post
    its ny understanding with a PA permit you can carry anything loaded in vehicle.
    No, you can carry a pistol or SBR loaded with a LTCF. Long guns are a no go even with the LTCF.

  9. #789
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DeepInTheWoods, Pennsylvania
    (Warren County)
    Posts
    1,804
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

    Quote Originally Posted by Univ of Saigon 68 View Post
    I didn't read all 79 pages either. I bought a Springfield 'Saint' AR pistol. (Looks like a rifle, but isn't. https://www.springfield-armory.com/p...5-pistol-5-56/ ) I intend to carry it in a locked container in my trunk. As a 'pistol' do I have to store the loaded mags and boxed ammo in a separate locked or unlocked container in the trunk? Thanks in advance for your comments.
    I have had good success using a metal toolbox with a hasp and padlock. Getting a long enough lock allows you to add a chain that can be bolted down or looped around a structural member.

    Another way to go is with camouflage. I use a tennis racket bag.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

  10. #790
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Brookville, Pennsylvania
    (Jefferson County)
    Age
    45
    Posts
    18,284
    Rep Power
    21474866

    Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

    Quote Originally Posted by svital123 View Post
    its ny understanding with a PA permit you can carry anything loaded in vehicle.
    No. You cannot carry loaded rifles or shotguns in, on, or upon a vehicle.

    An AR pistol is just that, a pistol - legally no different from a S&W snubnosed revolver.

    A PA LTCF covers "firearms" = handguns with barrels under 15", rifles with barrels under 16" or overall length under 26", shotguns with barrels under 18" or overall length under 26", or any gun under 26" overall length.

    NOTE: with the rifles with barrels under 16" or overall length under 26", and shotguns with barrels under 18" or overall length under 26" - NFA rules apply.

    Now, a LTCF does cover "rifles" and "shotgun"(think the full sized guns) in a City of First Class(Philthy) or during a declared state of emergency - BUT you can still cant have them loaded in a vehicle.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa.

Page 79 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Your Pennsylvania Gun Rights ~Handy flyer to carry with you.
    By Pa. Patriot in forum Concealed & Open Carry
    Replies: 329
    Last Post: April 24th, 2018, 10:14 PM
  2. Sick of Open Carry Harassment by Cops? READ THIS!
    By Gray Peterson in forum Open Carry
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: August 6th, 2015, 07:18 PM
  3. Carry in State Parks?
    By General Geoff in forum General
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: April 8th, 2008, 11:50 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 11th, 2006, 04:14 AM
  5. Out of State carry
    By TASCAR in forum General
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: November 28th, 2006, 10:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops