Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by Figo View Post
    My big worry is carrying on 'school and school property'...
    Occasionally I have to pick-up my child from school and I'm CC'ing. Of course I'll leave the weapon in my vehicle but it's still on school property...
    Dont ask, dont tell... If asked to search your vehicle - promptly get in and drive home.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Berks County)

Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Dont ask, dont tell... If asked to search your vehicle - promptly get in and drive home.

That's what I'm thinking...keep a low profile and walk fast
    "Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state" -Thomas Jefferson

(Bedford County)

I read Knigght's thread and thats the info that I understand. If a business dosent want firearms to be carried, cabellas in hamburg for example, they have to clearly post that at the door, and provide a locker to secure your weapon in. otherwise, nothing can be ssaid, and if they do say something, it still isint a crime.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by packinasig1781 View Post
    ...If a business dosent want firearms to be carried, cabellas in hamburg for example, they have to clearly post that at the door, and provide a locker to secure your weapon in. otherwise, nothing can be ssaid, and if they do say something, it still isint a crime.
    Incorrect about having to post it.
    Incorrect about having to supply lock boxes.

There is no law requiring signage. Signs prohibiting carry on private property actually carries no legal weight in PA
    There is no law requiring lock boxes except at court facilities.

Please re-read the first post, particularly this part:
    Private Properties, land owner and tenant rights prevail above all:

2. Malls, stores, movie theaters, restaurants, bars, etc are private property - they may ask you to leave if you are carrying a firearm, or the may ask you to leave if you aren't carrying a gun, they may ask you to leave because you weren't wearing a pink tutu with a tactical thigh holster, they may ask you to leave for ANY reason and you must comply.

(Monroe County)

I thought it was perfectly legal to conceal carry in parks and parkland in PA. Hell, I do it all the time in the Delaware River National Recreation Area.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    There is no Federal Law that says you can't carry in the unsecured areas of the airport.
    Don't overlook the most obvious source of information, folks: The telephone.

I had to pick a friend up at the airport last week. First time I've been at an airport since I started carrying. So I simply called the airport police (this is Philly International we're talking about) and asked them "Hi. I'm licensed to carry a concealed firearm and I need to know if I'm able to carry in the airport baggage claim and ticketing areas, please."

The officer there told me calmly that, yes, as long as I keep it concealed I will have no problems and that I'm within my rights in any portion of the airport except beyond the security checkpoints.

Done and done.

except for he lied to you about having to keep it concealed.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by axmdr40 View Post
    Technically, he didn't. He said if you keep it concealed, you "should have no problems," which is true. If you OC in a city airport, it may be technically legal, but it's almost certain you will have problems.

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    Technically, he didn't. He said if you keep it concealed, you "should have no problems," which is true. If you OC in a city airport, it may be technically legal, but it's almost certain you will have problems.
    Not true as well. I believe there is an OC thread on here where someone OC into a city airport, either Phila, Pitt, or WB. Not sure...

Found one here.

Another here.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by axmdr40 View Post
    Yeah, the operative word there is "shouldn't". Legally, you're right--I could have open carried in the airport baggage area in Philadelphia because I have a valid LTCF. But honestly, why would I want to open myself up to the possibility of being stopped and questioned? Why call that attention to myself? It's just not in my nature. I carry a gun to protect myself and my family--not to prove a point about second amendment rights or to show how big my balls are.

Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast