Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by ExCopInPhilly View Post
    Airports, even though they belong to the city or town they are in, are Federal property. Federal law supersedes Local or State law, so you can be forbidden to carry in an airport
    The whole airport, or just the secured areas?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    The whole airport, or just the secured areas?
    If I remember correctly it is the whole airport, not just the secure part, but the best place to check is with the ATF, www.atf.gov . I act on better safe than sorry, and do I really need to carry when I am somewhere anyway.

(Bucks County)

If I remember correctly it is the whole airport, not just the secure part, but the best place to check is with the ATF, www.atf.gov . I act on better safe than sorry, and do I really need to carry when I am somewhere anyway.
    I went through the ATF site, the TSA site, and the NRA-ILA compendium of federal law, and while I'm not convinced that the entire airport is off limits as a rule -- I also act on "better safe than sorry...."

Airports, even though they belong to the city or town they are in, are Federal property. Federal law supersedes Local or State law, so you can be forbidden to carry in an airport
    Can you provide any facts to substantiate this claim?
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by JLStorm View Post
    This link isnt working for me and I would really like to read the letter. Im not sure if its the link or its me, can someone post the contents of the letter or PM me a working link, I would really appreciate it.
    Sorry... fixed linkage on the original post in this thread. PM'n you linkage too.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/122905pe...openletter.pdf
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Jefferson County)

Only after the security check point is CCW illegal.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Luzerne County)

There is no Federal Law that says you can't carry in the unsecured areas of the airport.

(Indiana County)

Allegheny County, which created the airport authority, has the following code:

§ 705-39. Weapons and firearms. A. No person, except law enforcement officers, post office and custom officials, or members of the Armed Forces of the United States on active duty, shall carry any weapon, firearm, explosive or inflammable material on the airport premises except by specific direction of the Director, the Superintendent of Police or their designees.
    B. No person shall transport any weapon or firearm except when it is properly enclosed for shipment and is not in the person's manual possession.
    C. No person shall discharge any weapon or firearm at the airport except in the performance of official duties requiring the discharge thereof.

§ 705-86. Violations and penalties. A. Any person who violates any of the regulations of this article shall be subjected to one or both of the following penalties: upon conviction of the summary proceeding, violators shall: (1) Undergo imprisonment in the County jail for not more than 30 days; and/or
    (2) Be sentenced to pay a fine, to be paid to the use of the County with costs of prosecutions, not less than $25 nor to exceed $100 for each conviction thereof.
    B. The Board of County Commissioners may also prescribe fines and penalties, not to exceed $500 for the violation of County ordinances, which fines and penalties may be collected by suit brought in the name of the County in like manner as debts of like amount may be used for.
    C. Each of the sections contained in this article shall constitute a separate offense subject to the penalties outlined in Subsections A and B of this section.
    The entire discussion was covered in greater detail at OpenCarry.org here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum46/160.html

Is the county ordinance pre-empted? Of course it is. Will they correct their error? Well, they haven't yet.

All PAFOA members should write to the county commissioners, the airport authority, and the Allegheny County Police Department.

(Allegheny County)

Except in a City of the First Class(1 million residents), you are required to have a license. Philly is the ONLY First Class city in PA, the next largest city, Pittsburgh, is about 550,000 residents away from being one.
    The way Pittsburgh is declining and losing population I doubt they'll ever get to 1 Million.

(Berks County)

My big worry is carrying on 'school and school property'...
    Occasionally I have to pick-up my child from school and I'm CC'ing. Of course I'll leave the weapon in my vehicle but it's still on school property...

Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast