Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 28 of 86 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by YBNORMAL View Post
    No, in PA carry is legal in places that serve alcohol. Private proterty rights are paramount though.

Correct. Unlike some other states, you may open-carry or, if you have your LTCF, you may carry-concealed. As with any private property, you still must abide the wishes of the owner.

But there is no law restricting firearms carry around alcohol.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Montour County)

Default Re: READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania

ybnormal,
    Thanks for covering me on this question. I was away for a few days and just got back.
    flash 88

(Schuylkill County)

I'm just trying to be sure but I'm pretty positive that in pa you have to have all handguns transfered in to your name and and shotguns and rifles you do not regardless of who you buy them from with the exeption of ffl dealers

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam D View Post
    I'm just trying to be sure but I'm pretty positive that in pa you have to have all handguns transfered in to your name and and shotguns and rifles you do not regardless of who you buy them from with the exeption of ffl dealers
    Nope, not correct.

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/414...nsfers-pa.html

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Franklin County)

Not quite. There are exemptions to PA's transfer requirements for transfers between parent/grandparent/child/grandchild/spouse. See 6111(c).
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Franklin County)

Dammit. Looks like I'm the slow twin today.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Luzerne County)

You don't have to believe us. You can look it up yourself here http://www.acslpa.org/pa_uniform_firearms_act.htm
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Lancaster County)

I'm new to PA, and now have a permit. One point that I wasn't clear on from the thread discussion and from scanning the statutes is whether or not it is a summary offense if someone with a permit carries onto a property or into a building that is posted with signage saying "no guns" or similar language (assuming that the property is not specifically excluded by statute or Fed. law).

e.g. in GA where I relocated from, ignoring the sign and carrying anyway was NOT illegal. It became illegal if you were noticed, asked to leave, and then refused to leave.

Which is the case in PA? is it prima facia illegal to carry in those locations, or only illegal if you refuse to leave after being asked to do so?

Separate question: In the situation where a church houses a private school during the week, but on Sunday, there are no school activities in-progress and the property is fully in use for church activities... would it be off-limits or ok for concealed carry during the church functions?

Thanks,
    Alchemist77

(Jefferson County)

It is not a direct crime to ignore those signs posted by private property owners. PA lacks a direct offense in regards to "no guns" type signs that OH and a number of other states have.

However, such signs do serve as first notice to trespassing and set a condition to your permission to be on said properties. If you carry in such a place you can be cited for trespassing under 18.35.3503(b)(1)(ii) which is a summary offense, unless you are "made" and verbally told to leave. If you fail to leave for any reason there after it becomes a 3rd degree misdemeanor. Its really like failing to abide by a "no trucks", "no turning", "no hunting", or "fishing access only" sign posted on private property and violating those prohibitions or conditions.

As for the school thing. K-12 grade schools whether private or public are prohibited. The prohibition attaches to the grounds and buildings, not to the the time in which it is used as such. If that church serves as a K-12 grade school, it is off-limits at all times. But there is an untested affirmative defense for "other lawful purposes".
    Last edited by knight0334; December 16th, 2009 at 09:31 PM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Bucks County)

Pa. Patriot or Statkowski,
    Can either one of you tell me if it is legal to cc on a septa train.
    Say, from bucks county to center city in philly.
    Thanks in advance.

Page 28 of 86 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast