Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Thumbs up Looking for an inexpensive holster? Read more.... Beretta owners.

Check this seller out on Ebay. Seller: bigbug40 Store: D&T Holster Store
    Auction: Side Holster 4 Beretta 92, 96, Vertec PX4 Storm w/ Laser
    Buy Now Price: 19.95 S/H: Free
    Note: 30 day money back

My gun: Beretta PX4 9MM (full size)

I talked my wife into letting me order it (have to wait till x-mass to really have it) and have to say it was a nice, quality holster. The metal clip on the side, that hooks to your belt, is a J hook. Both straps (thumb straps) are attached by Velcro and can change sides. This is a left side or right side (or SOB) holster. I wore it around for the day & really liked the feel. You have a 30 day money back guarantee with it, so I wanted to make sure I liked it . I tried it for a while using the metal belt clip and it was ok, didn't move around to much but did move a little. What I really liked was when I took the metal clip off and fed my belt threw the loop on the holster. You don't have to remove the metal clip if you don't want to, but you will feel the bottom of the clip on your side when you sit down. It really felt better & more secure that way & didn't move at all, unless I moved. It did move a little using the metal clip but not to much. You can adjust the back snaps (Thumb Breaks) to be a tighter or loser, (I tightened it so I had more pressure on the snap to pop it easier) on the back of the gun. Quality was good, much better then I expected for 20 bucks. No lose threads hanging out or anything out of place. It comes with a Mag holder on the front & fit my extra Mag fine. Mine was the 17 rounder for the 9MM. I don't think the 20 round would fit because the 17 was tight but I don't have a 20 round (yet) to test. I didn't care for the extra weight the Mag added on the holster, the holster felt like it was just a little to heavy on the side with the extra Mag. Without it was better but it is still doable till I get an extra Mag holder.

I don't have a laser or light yet but it's on my list.

My rating 4 stars out of 5.

The description from the Auction:
    The Intimidator"- Belt and Clip on Holster

FREE SHIPPING on this ProTech Intimidator Gun Holster - also called a Hip Holster or Belt Holster - it features an adjustable Thumb Break and easily clips onto a belt or your pants (belts up to two inches wide). Or, you can slide your belt through a belt loop on the back of the holster without using the metal clip. The holster is made of durable padded Cordura and black Nylon w/black nylon stitching. The metal clip and the thumb break are reversible and adjustable so the holster can be worn on the left or right side (for right or left hand people). Also, the holster has a holder for an extra magazine.

Link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Side-Holster-4-B...3D10%26ps%3D63

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Looking for an inexpensive holster? Read more.... Beretta owners.

I would not buy that holster for a few reasons. If you carry that holster on your strong side and you need to do a reload, which hand are you going to use to get the magazine? Usually for an autoloader it is best to use your non firing hand to retrieve the spare magazine for a reload.

Your Beretta retails for about 600 bucks, which is not cheap. To put such a nice pistol as the PX4 in a very cheap holster is kind of like flying out to Vegas to see Crazy Horse Paris at the MGM and sitting in the back of the theater. Here is a holster that is only a few dollars more yet far superior in quality:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=653205

Caveat Emptor...
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Lancaster County)

Well to each ther own.

I did make note I wanted a Mag holder that wasn't attached to the holster. (Really for that reason, so I had it on my left side since I am right handed.)

But it doesn't feel cheap, materials & all, to me.

That is a nice price thought for the Fobus.

(Erie County)

Glad it works for you but if you wear it for a few weeks, daily, all day, you'll see why people will gladly pay much more for a holster. It's a BTDT thing for anyone that has carried for a substantial amount of time.

(Blair County)

i have a Check six holster made by Blackhawk and its black molded leather. It is a right handed SOB. There are molds for Barretta 1911's and a few othe guns. I have 1 for my carry gun, a Walther P99QA 9mm and my Springfield 1911A1. If i didnt have one but knew how they felt to my hip in security and comfort i swear id give up a nut for one. I never have a grip digging into my back and no barrel digging into my cheeks. Just go to Blackhawk.com and look it up. for 65 dollars you cant go wrong, id suggest aleast checking it out

(Luzerne County)

I just won a simular Blackhawk holster made of leather from a dealer on ebay. price was 9.99 plus $5.00 shipping.

You can get a good holster there cheap.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    I just won a simular Blackhawk holster made of leather from a dealer on ebay. price was 9.99 plus $5.00 shipping.
    If you do a Google search for "blackhawk leather" do not, I repeat do not, go to the first result. You've been warned.
    "There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."

(Chester County)

If you're looking to carry a gun, in public...I wouldn't consider carrying it in one of those holsters.

For something to hold your firearm when you're at the range, that is a different story. A proper fitting leather/kydex holster is a must for any carry pistol.

(Allegheny County)

I use a plastic Fobus paddle-holster to carry my Beretta Px4 at the range. Which is about all it's suited for. I'd never consider OCing with it.

I used to have one of those fabric holsters just like that. I gave it away. It wasn't very good.
    "There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."