Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default John's Gun & Tackle Room

I am new to this and thinking about purchasing a 9 mm and applying for a carry permit. I live in the Easton area and would like someone who has purchased from this guy to comment. Are his prices reasonable? I am opposed to shopping at the big box stores. I would rather support the ‘local guy’ if possible.

Thanks,

(Montgomery County)

John's Gun Room is also where you can get applications for the Easton Gun Club. (great club)

While they are not part of the club most of the members shop there.

(Northampton County)

Thanks. I'm glad you mentioned that he has applications for the Easton Gun Club. I plan on joining as it is close to my house.

My wife and I have been seeing a lot of news about the gangs in Easton. There have been many shooting in the last year or two relating to the Bloods gang. I am not one to get over excited about media hype, but one of the murders occurred about a 1/2 mile from my house. If these idiots are armed, I think it only makes sense that I should be.

If you live in Easton...why not visit Boyer's Hardware Store...they have a good selection on used firearms and new as well. They are located in Shillington I believe is the name of the town.

(Northampton County)

I looked up Boyers and they have great reviews. They are located in 'Slatington'. I will try to get out there in the next month or two. I checked out John's Gun & Tackle. The owner was nice and spent some time with me. I must admit that the store was in a state of disarray, but he might have been moving displays or something. I looked at two Ruger 9mm's. I don’t remember the model numbers. One was full-size polymer, and the other was full-size all steel...both under $400 new. I plan on buying from him and joining the Easton Gun Club.

(Carbon County)

Default Re: John's Gun & Tackle Room

I also live in Easton

Save your money and pass on the Rugers...esp if you want to carry your pistol...the Ruger I owned was a good shooter...but it is not what you would consider a good carry pistol. If your price range is under $400...I would suggest the following.

In no particular order

Steyr M9/M40
    Makarov
    CZ 75/PCR/P-01
    SA XD

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by lucky1 View Post
    I must admit that the store was in a state of disarray, but he might have been moving displays or something.
    HAH! Been like that for years...but ask him and I bet he'll find anything in that mess!

Boyers is GREAT.... Alan Boyer has great prices on older unique stuff. Keifers is also down the street in Walnutport and carry mostly new stuff.
    Easton Fish and Game is a Superb club. Better than most for sure (except the folk from across the Delaware like to leave brass and garbage strewn about)
    There is Pistol Range, a 22 rim fire with steel targets, a tactical range, rifle range and hopefully soon ...skeet

http://www.efga.net/
    if you ever see my post edited...its most likely for speling :D
    "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"-In Time of War the Law Falls Silent-Cicero
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"-If you want peace, prepare for war-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"America Starts Here!"-former PA state Slogan...until NJ complained and our wussy GovRendell changed it!

(Northampton County)

Iv'e purchased several handguns from John and he has always been good to deal with. The place looks a little disorganized, but he has a alot in there. He will also do FFL to FFL transfers, he done done several for me without any problems.

(Northampton County)

John's gun shop is nice i get must of my supplies there but as far as buying guns i go to boyers they have the best prices and great customers service. I bought my Glock 22 from there and it was the lowest prices i could find.
    Last edited by emtpagan1; January 17th, 2011 at 02:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast