Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default open carry in PA

I wanted to find out from all of you who open carries here in PA, and how succesful has it been for you. Has it been pretty much no problems, just double takes, or have you been appraoched in a negative matter.

I would like to know some of your stories, and where you are located.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: open carry in PA

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Northampton County)

thanks for the info EM, and the welcome to the site

(Allegheny County)

You're welcome, and FYI, I'm not trying to discourage anyone from posting here... I just thought I'd point out some threads that had recent activity on the OC topic.

The title here is open carry in PA, so POST AWAY, PA!

(Northampton County)

bradjc72, Although Open Carry is legal in pa. I shoot with a number of law enforcement officers and most disagree with a private citizen showing a sidearm. At the range they consider it to be okay also on your property and in the woods. In our somewhat urban area you will get grief from the leo's, and other law enforcement offices in many ways, I believe its not worth it. And why would someone want to oc? cc is more effective.

Quote Originally Posted by inkie View Post
    bradjc72, Although Open Carry is legal in pa. I shoot with a number of law enforcement officers and most disagree with a private citizen showing a sidearm. At the range they consider it to be okay also on your property and in the woods. In our somewhat urban area you will get grief from the leo's, and other law enforcement offices in many ways, I believe its not worth it. And why would someone want to oc? cc is more effective.
    I disagree about it being more effective. It depends on the situation and where you're at. I also disagree with those police officers trying to get you to think like them that they'd rather see you not exercise your rights.

You'd tell them to go pound sand if they said they wouldn't recommend voting.

I think it's ridiculous for the LEOs to discourage people from exercising their rights for any reason whatsoever. I don't care if they disagree or not with private citizens showing a sidearm, it's my right and it's the law that I'm allowed to. I disagree with quite a bit of actions some police officers take because they feel superior to the "private citizen." That doesn't make things change.

I'm half tempted to open carry more and more often because it is my right regardless of whether or not a number of officers disagree with it.

(Adams County)

When I am going to the range for a Pin shoot or Action shoot, I usually open carry when I stop at the 7-11 to get a drink and snack. No problems ever.

Other than that, sometimes when I stop for gas, I'll be OCing while pumping. I don't Open carry much more than that.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(Allegheny County)

Wow! A "debate" about the pros and cons of open carry vs concealed carry on a thread asking about the EXPERIENCES of those who have open carried...

Whod'a thunk it?

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Wow! A "debate" about the pros and cons of open carry vs concealed carry on a thread asking about the EXPERIENCES of those who have open carried...

Whod'a thunk it?
    Yep. Better lock this thread.

(Northampton County)

Talking Re: open carry in PA

isnt that something Emptymag, I started a big thing here. Debate is good, and good for citizens to get involved with. Whether it be about guns, or something else, it is good to debate things out in the open in a civilized matter. The funny thing about our land is that things have a tendancy of going away if not brought into the limelight now and then, so it could be said of OC. If it is never discussed, questioned, asked that of our lawmakers, they in turn could bring it up as a point of no interest, and make a law against it, so it is a good idea whether we agree with it or not to bring it up, discuss it, and make sure that our lawmakers knows that we know it is one of our founding rights as citizens.

Lets keep the discussion up on this guys, this is a good one

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast