Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default OC'd for the first time today

so without going into a bunch of details i had the pleasure, i use that loosely, to drive from lancaster to sharon today.....and back. as much as i wanted to make it to meleanie's service i wasn't able to make it so i picked today to be my first day of OCing. considering i was in a rental van for about 11 hours i thought OC would be more comfortable than CC, i was right.

so with that being said it was very uneventful. carried my ruger P95 in fobus holster. stopped at the sheetz in mifflintown for gas and restroom break, dunkin donuts in clearfield on the way out and way back, a rest stop on 80, another sheetz in clearfield, and the burger king in hermitage.

hopefully blackhawk will finally get the serpa's for the P95 done this month

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: OC'd for the first time today

Quote Originally Posted by baker View Post
    so without going into a bunch of details i had the pleasure, i use that loosely, to drive from lancaster to sharon today.....and back. as much as i wanted to make it to meleanie's service i wasn't able to make it so i picked today to be my first day of OCing. considering i was in a rental van for about 11 hours i thought OC would be more comfortable than CC, i was right.

so with that being said it was very uneventful. carried my ruger P95 in fobus holster. stopped at the sheetz in mifflintown for gas and restroom break, dunkin donuts in clearfield on the way out and way back, a rest stop on 80, another sheetz in clearfield, and the burger king in hermitage.

hopefully blackhawk will finally get the serpa's for the P95 done this month

Contgratzz on your OC!

(Chester County)

Thumbs up Re: OC'd for the first time today

I applaud your guts to open carry but I thought that was not legal in this state and can scare parents of children that don't understand that you are NOT one of the bad guys. I have been around Firearms all my life and made sharpshooter at the age of 13. Personaly I would feel more comfortable if I was out with my kids and someone came into wherever with OC because your not hiding anything and the guys that cause the mayhem we see on the news are cowards at best.

Please advise- I have a LCCW PERMIT can I open carry here?

RESPECTFULLY

Protectem

(Northampton County)

Baker, good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by PROTECTEM View Post
    I applaud your guts to open carry but I thought that was not legal in this state and can scare parents of children that don't understand that you are NOT one of the bad guys.
    It's legal and nobody cares. I've been doing it everywhere I go for about 6 months. Some people have run into a jerk but it's pretty rare. Incidents used to be slightly more common a few years ago. But this year all police have been retrained to know it's legal and they can't detain you over it under ordinary circumstances.

Personaly I would feel more comfortable if I was out with my kids and someone came into wherever with OC because your not hiding anything and the guys that cause the mayhem we see on the news are cowards at best.
    I would also think you look less suspicious OCing than CCing while badly printing. But who knows.

Yes. Is it a PA LTCF?

Please read the stickies at the top of this forum section for more info. There are also more under the Concealed and Open Carry section.
    Last edited by ungawa; October 18th, 2009 at 08:18 AM.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by PROTECTEM View Post
    I applaud your guts to open carry but I thought that was not legal in this state and can scare parents of children that don't understand that you are NOT one of the bad guys. I have been around Firearms all my life and made sharpshooter at the age of 13. Personaly I would feel more comfortable if I was out with my kids and someone came into wherever with OC because your not hiding anything and the guys that cause the mayhem we see on the news are cowards at best.

RESPECTFULLY

Protectem
    Boy have you come to the right place.

Yes it OC is not against the law . And your lccw permit is actualy a license to carry a firearm. Or LTCF. If you decide to try OC you should review the following threads I have added.

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...carry-you.html

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...nsylvania.html

By the way you would need your ltcf to OC in Philly.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I would also think you look less suspicious OCing than CCing while badly printing.
    Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Boy have you come to the right place.

Yes it OC is not against the law . And your lccw permit is actualy a license to carry a firearm. Or LTCF. If you decide to try OC you should review the following threads I have added.

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...carry-you.html

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...nsylvania.html

By the way you would need your ltcf to OC in Philly.
    yeah what he said. ^^^^^

(Mercer County)

Baker - you should have posted up before your trip. There are plenty of us here on the west side and we could have OCed with ya. And there's a really good Chinese buffet in Hermitage where I OCed the other day.

The next time you swing this way, let us know!
    Nine out of ten moderators approve of this post!