Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Response from Casey - Thune - late response

Dear Mr:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about concealed carry legislation. I appreciate hearing from all Pennsylvanians about the issues that matter most to them.

Several bills and amendments relating to the carrying of concealed firearms have been introduced in the Senate during the 111th Congress by Senator John Thune. Specifically, he has introduced two bills, S. 371 and S. 845, both called the Respecting States Rights and Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2009. S. 845 would create national reciprocity so that permits to carry concealed firearms issued by any state would be recognized in any other state that allows individuals to carry concealed firearms.

Senator Thune also offered an amendment, Senate Amendment 1618, to S. 1390, the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010. S.A. 1618 would have created national reciprocity for concealed carry permits in a similar way to S. 845. As a supporter of the right of citizens to own firearms for self protection, I voted in favor of S.A. 1618, but the amendment did not get enough votes to pass.

Under the Thune Amendment, individuals who travel to other states would be required to follow the laws of the host state, including laws concerning specific types of locations in which firearms may or may not be carried.

Currently, there are over 500,000 people in Pennsylvania with permits, issued in Pennsylvania, to carry concealed weapons. The Commonwealth already has reciprocal agreements with 24 other states, which authorize people with permits from those other states to carry concealed weapons in Pennsylvania. For example, a Pennsylvania resident right now can obtain a non-resident concealed carry permit from Florida or Utah. This entitles that Pennsylvania resident to carry a concealed weapon in Pennsylvania without obtaining a Pennsylvania permit.

S. 371 and S. 845 are currently under review by the Committee on the Judiciary, of which I am not a member. Please be assured that I will continue to pay close attention to this issue and try to balance the right of citizens to own firearms with the need to protect those citizens.

As always, I appreciate your views, thoughts and concerns as they assist me in understanding what is important to the people of Pennsylvania. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

If you have access to the Internet, I encourage you to visit my web site, http://casey.senate.gov. I invite you to use this online office as a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,
    Bob Casey
    United States Senator

(Chester County)

Angry Re: Response from Casey - Thune - late response

I wrote Casey about the first bailouts and recieved the typical
    bogus form letter. It did not address a single question asked or
    comment made. After respectfully replying that he did not address
    my points, I recieved the EXACT SAME form letter as a reply.

That is why I at least follow up with a phone call.

(what a ...d*ck)

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Response from Casey - Thune - late response

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    Dear Mr:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about concealed carry legislation. I appreciate hearing from all Pennsylvanians about the issues that matter most to them.

Several bills and amendments relating to the carrying of concealed firearms have been introduced in the Senate during the 111th Congress by Senator John Thune. Specifically, he has introduced two bills, S. 371 and S. 845, both called the Respecting States Rights and Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2009. S. 845 would create national reciprocity so that permits to carry concealed firearms issued by any state would be recognized in any other state that allows individuals to carry concealed firearms.

Senator Thune also offered an amendment, Senate Amendment 1618, to S. 1390, the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010. S.A. 1618 would have created national reciprocity for concealed carry permits in a similar way to S. 845. As a supporter of the right of citizens to own firearms for self protection, I voted in favor of S.A. 1618, but the amendment did not get enough votes to pass.

Under the Thune Amendment, individuals who travel to other states would be required to follow the laws of the host state, including laws concerning specific types of locations in which firearms may or may not be carried.

Currently, there are over 500,000 people in Pennsylvania with permits, issued in Pennsylvania, to carry concealed weapons. The Commonwealth already has reciprocal agreements with 24 other states, which authorize people with permits from those other states to carry concealed weapons in Pennsylvania. For example, a Pennsylvania resident right now can obtain a non-resident concealed carry permit from Florida or Utah. This entitles that Pennsylvania resident to carry a concealed weapon in Pennsylvania without obtaining a Pennsylvania permit.

S. 371 and S. 845 are currently under review by the Committee on the Judiciary, of which I am not a member. Please be assured that I will continue to pay close attention to this issue and try to balance the right of citizens to own firearms with the need to protect those citizens.

As always, I appreciate your views, thoughts and concerns as they assist me in understanding what is important to the people of Pennsylvania. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

If you have access to the Internet, I encourage you to visit my web site, http://casey.senate.gov. I invite you to use this online office as a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,
    Bob Casey
    United States Senator
    As you can expect from Casey... a complete NON answer.
    The 2nd amendment is the RESET BUTTON on the constitution.
    Faith, Fun, and Firearms.
    Grace Life Church member

(Bucks County)

Is that an example of reciprocity???

(Northampton County)

Thank you for your email. Your message has been received by my office and will be carefully reviewed by a member of my staff.

Sincerely,
    Senator Robert P. Casey, Jr.
    This is the automatic confirmation that I received on 7/20/09.

Dear Mr. Wharen:

Sincerely,
    Bob Casey
    United States Senator
    This is the reply I got back on 10/9/09. It took 2 1/2 months to get this back!
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff

I know that I got the exact same e-mail, and another member did as well....
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Fulton County)

That's the typical answer I would expect from these asshats. A complete non-answer to your question should be considered a wrong answer.

(Bucks County)

Yup, no direct answer.

What I love about this org from Jersey is they put the politicians on the spot. NJOA.org.

I wish the NRA did the same for politicians. We (NRA) members should know how each person is going to vote before they take a vote.

I am tired of the misleading representation and skirting the issues by politicians. Say what the people in your district call you about and that's it. They do what we want, not what they want. AT least that is how it should be. If more people wrote more would get done.

(Montgomery County)

Well, you see, I'm not a member of the Committee, so, y'know, I can't really do much . . . um, . . .

And guess what, Senator, it's not your job to protect me, just stay the hell out of my way and let me do it myself !!

As always, I will continue to dawdle, vacillate and generally putz around while appearing to be sincere.

Sincerely,
    Bob Casey
    Weasel Freshman
    United States Senate
    To bad he's there for a while. At least we can get rid of that other schmuck next year.
    Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. -- Jeff Cooper

(Butler County)

Proud friend of the Noble family.